• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    AJ, very sorry. i will crawl back into my moms basement now and just continue to play with my alphabet blocks till I can learn my letters well enough to come back and play with you in your intelligent conversation that makes no sense at all to me. tell Mrs. Brady I said hi and she can touch my pee pee again anytime.

Sarah Brady? Stop! You're scaring Mr. FunRod!

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    E5

Current history says you are wrong in countries and cities where they completlt ban guns, gun crimes rise. New Zealand, England, Chicago for example.

I am only looking for an inteligent conversation.

AJ

As for who determines who is a propper person, you do.
    You live within the law that makes you a propper person.
    If you commit a violent crime you do not deserve the right to bear arms.

Serious fail. Do your research properly, then come and discuss the issue---WITHOUT insulting members of this board. Think you can handle that?

By the way...do a bit more research into other nations' firearm bans. You'll see that crimes are simply committed with other weapons...for example, research England and their stabbing statistics.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Serious fail. Do your research properly, then come and discuss the issue---WITHOUT insulting members of this board. Think you can handle that?

By the way...do a bit more research into other nations' firearm bans. You'll see that crimes are simply committed with other weapons...for example, research England and their stabbing statistics.
    see! I knew there was someone here that could be smart enough to play on my level :rockwoot:

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    E5

Current history says you are wrong in countries and cities where they completlt ban guns, gun crimes rise. New Zealand, England, Chicago for example.

With respect to England, you do know they are THE MOST VIOLENT country in all of Europe, right? more than 26% of Britons will be the victim of a crime this year, and is 3rd in the world in citizens victimized by crime. Australia is number 1, and New Zealand number 2 on that same list. That makes the UK, New Zealand and Australia, three first world countries, higher on the list of criminal victimization of its citizens than even South Africa, long considered one of the most dangerous places on the planet. For reference sake, the US is number 15. So where exactly are you getting your figures? In the year 2000, 2 years after the Uks ourtight ban on guns, and strict enforcement of new rules as pertains to licensure and issuance of rifle and shotgun certificates, robbery rates climbed exponentially to a high of almost 1 MILLION robberies in one year. In contrast, the highest that number has ever been in the united states was in 1991, with robberies totaling 657,000. That was long before the adoption by most states of liberal carry laws. Also consider that at the time US population was roughly 270 Million, while the UKs current population is roughly 60 million. The Australian state of Queensland saw a 300% increase in gun related crime within 1 year of their ban on firearms. After their gun ban experiment in Australia, home invasions increased by almost 60% in one year. Not only that, but as mentioned earlier, the ban on guns led to an increase in bladed weapon attacks. So much so that the Australian parliament banned ownership of certain bladed weapons (swords in particular) by the populace in general.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but I'd certainly do some more investigating the facts before you go off blithely proclaiming something as fact when it couldn't be further from the truth. If you'd like documentation, ask, and I'll be glad to provide it. You can start here though....

Total crime victims statistics - countries compared - Nationmaster

UK More Violent Than Either South Africa or The USA

[pdf link] Gun Control Around The World

And of course there is always "More Guns, Less Crime, 2010 edition" by John R. Lott, Jr.

The fact is the commomnly held misconception that Europe and other countries with draconian gun laws are safe havens full of hippies with flower baskets is hogwash. They are the most crime ridden places in all the first world.

Last edited:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Right now those gang members already have guns. It's the other folks who follow the law who don't have guns.

Think about a deregulated inner city. There are always more good people than bad. Personally, I think violence would decrease over the long term.

Philosophically I'm not sure I agree with this statement. If this were true why when anyone could own a machine gun in 1930 could Dillinger, Nelson, Floyd, Bonnie & Clyde, etc. have been able to rob as many banks and trains as they did? Because they were criminals who were willing to commit murder, and the other machine gun owners were not.

Crime and criminals is primarily a function of population size and socio-economic factors. A certain percentage of any population have no respect for the property rights of others. We call this group criminals (which includes the sub-groups politicians and bureaucrats).

There will always be violent criminal acts. Predators will better select their prey. That's all. I don't support gun control for a lot of reasons, and I believe anyone should be able to make or possess a machine gun. I don't agree with your premise.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Absolutely I believe there should be restrictions on who should own/possess/purchase firearms: only people with a pulse should be allowed to have them.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    BF, very sorry. i will crawl back into my moms basement now and just continue to play with my alphabet blocks till I can learn my letters well enough to come back and play with you in your intelligent conversation that makes no sense at all to me. tell Mrs. Brady I said hi and she can touch my pee pee again anytime.

edit: i had to change your name.

It's OK Ranger. I saw the tear in yur eye and thanked him properly for you.

BTW, sounds like you guys got your black beret back.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington

Exactly! Stabbings increased in England to the point where they introduced the "anti-stab knife."

Totally Ridiculous: An Anti-Stab Knife | Fast Company

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Philosophically I'm not sure I agree with this statement. If this were true why when anyone could own a machine gun in 1930 could Dillinger, Nelson, Floyd, Bonnie & Clyde, etc. have been able to rob as many banks and trains as they did? Because they were criminals who were willing to commit murder, and the other machine gun owners were not.

Crime and criminals is primarily a function of population size and socio-economic factors. A certain percentage of any population have no respect for the property rights of others. We call this group criminals (which includes the sub-groups politicians and bureaucrats).

There will always be violent criminal acts. Predators will better select their prey. That's all. I don't support gun control for a lot of reasons, and I believe anyone should be able to make or possess a machine gun. I don't agree with your premise.

I'm just guessing, as anyone else would be. Even though John Lott has shown that crime was reduced after shall carry was implemented, he can only show correlation - he can't prove causation. There have been many other factors at work.

So, I'm offering only opinion, nothing to back it up, other than my own mind - which does, I'm forced to admit - resemble a steel trap. And not the humane kind, either.:D

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    BTW, sounds like you guys got your black beret back.

:):, thanks.

i will have to find out. i think they are still keeping the black beret for dress, so the Rangers wont drop the tan now I dont think. Its ok, they can never take our scrolls away.

Threadjack Alert!

It's about time they ditched the beret. No berets for legs!

Back in the day when I wore the maroon beret, it just wasn't even fair to the ladies.

I never liked the patrol cap. Gotta hand it to the jarheads on that one - your patrol caps (or whatever you call them) look sharp.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Threadjack Alert!

It's about time they ditched the beret. No berets for legs!

Back in the day when I wore the maroon beret, it just wasn't even fair to the ladies.

I never liked the patrol cap. Gotta hand it to the jarheads on that one - your patrol caps (or whatever you call them) look sharp.

cover or headgear. Marines don't wear hats or caps.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    There shouldn't be an NICS system. Firearms should be sold at hardware stores. Or 7-11.

That's how is used to be, but that was before 7-11's. You could buy dynamite at the hardware store too.

And it was safer then.

Cross-cultural/national comparisons are difficult because there are so many factors at play, one can point to Japan as an example on one end of the spectrum and to Switzerland as an example on the other end.

The most useful comparisons are within our own country where those other factors cancel out more. Historically as I alluded to above. State vs. State. Etc. It's also useful to compare what happened in other countries, i.e. U.K. and Aus. before/after their bans. You'll find violent crime increased measurably.

I think the evidence is pretty clear (in addition to being common sense): More guns = less crime.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    E5

I am only looking for an inteligent conversation.

AJ

As for who determines who is a propper person, you do.
    You live within the law that makes you a propper person.
    If you commit a violent crime you do not deserve the right to bear arms.

Until the rules change and YOU'RE no longer a proper person.

The Bill of Revocable Privileges is alive and well. Once the government can take something away, for ANY reason, it's no longer a right - it's a privilege.

So many people just don't get it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    You have to admit that if you do something bad and go to jail for more than 1 year ( the definition of a felony ) that it is ridiculous once time served that you can not ever posses a gun again, even if your offense had nothing to do with a gun related crime! I mean a goood ole Southern boy can't live a weekend beer bender without shooting something, right? I think time served should be enough, period. If the crime was that bad, the person wouldn't be getting released anyway.

Top Bottom