• ...and so much more!
  • GMack_1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Montgomery Co.
    9mm Ammo?

Did anyone confirm this was 9mm ammo? If so, don't most LEO's carry .40's now. And, if this much 9mm ammo was chosen for practice does that mean this PD practices with a round the folks don't actually carry?

Good picture, though..., reminds me of something Sadaam might have hidden in the basement of one of his old palaces or something...

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    DSC_1206-4.jpg

Posted by Jfrueler on M4C; I think that's his department's training stash, but still... :eek:
    The "I have a dream" speech comes to mind here.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Depending on the department size this may not be this much at all. I am thinking big city (LA, NY, Chicago), big department, SWAT team and so fourth. Also this probably would be a years ammo. I didn't see any mention to which department this is supposed to belong to. YES it is a lot of ammo but depending on size and training, it may in the end only come down to a couple hundred rounds per officer with SWAT and special units getting more. Now as a civilian I have no idea how many rounds LEOs get to shoot a year on the department's dime. My :twocents:

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I saw that picture and my mouth started watering and my finger began to twitch.

If I shot a thousand rounds a day it would still take over 3 years to burn through it. I bet I could do it in 1 year though.

ryant7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    New Albany, IN
    Depending on the department size this may not be this much at all. I am thinking big city (LA, NY, Chicago), big department, SWAT team and so fourth. Also this probably would be a years ammo. I didn't see any mention to which department this is supposed to belong to. YES it is a lot of ammo but depending on size and training, it may in the end only come down to a couple hundred rounds per officer with SWAT and special units getting more. Now as a civilian I have no idea how many rounds LEOs get to shoot a year on the department's dime. My :twocents:

The Local Sheriffs Dept here in Floyd County i know we qualify sometimes up to 4 times a year day and night and usually everyone goes through about 200 rounds give or take and thats every road officer and everyone in the jail that is gun qualified ........ mostly .40 s&w american eagle ball ammo but dont get me started on the seemingly limitless supply of .223 ammo for Carbine Qual.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom