• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My wife and I will soon be celebrating our two-year anniversary.

And I thought that I'd take us out to a nice dinner.

So, how about some recommendations??

Prefer: downtown area or "south side" / Greenwood. Downtown is a good choice because we can walk around after dinner.

Prefer: NICE restaurant...shirt/tie for me; dress for her type place

Difficulty: NO Italian, "steakhouses", or Seafood places (Ruth's Cris, Shula's, McCormick & Schmick)

Ready...set...go!!

-J-

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    well poo.

1) southside strike one...was going to say eddie merlots. love the steaks and the sushi.
    2) no steak strike two
    3) no italian strike three. milano inn or iaria's are quite tasty.

eta: go to the melting pot. it is super nice (and $$$) and delicious. my wife took me there last year for my b-day.
    Fondue Restaurant | Romantic Fine Dining | Gourmet Fondue | The Melting Pot

isnt mcdonalds considered nice for greenwood?

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    the melting pot is a great place. Took my wife and we really enjoyed it. (is there another one besides the one on the north side?)

Was going to suggest Mama Carolla's, but not on the south side and is Italian. I almost always have the special of the night there... love that place.

ok, I'm all out of ideas.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    the melting pot is a great place. Took my wife and we really enjoyed it. (is there another one besides the one on the north side?)

Was going to suggest Mama Carolla's, but not on the south side and is Italian. I almost always have the special of the night there... love that place.

ok, I'm all out of ideas.

yep, right by castleton square mall. it was awesome; my wife reserved a private room for just us.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    yep, right by castleton square mall. it was awesome; my wife reserved a private room for just us.

I saw they had private rooms when I was in there... Our table felt pretty secluded (enough for us anyhow)... but there are a couple of bad tables in there.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Hadn't thought about the Melting Pot...

I've heard "horror stories" about the price of that place, though. I don't mind paying for good food, but I don't want to over-pay for food that I have to cook myself. :laugh:

There's also a Melting Pot location in Greenwood (Just south of Co. Ln. Rd on the east side of SR 135)

The only reason I prefer the "south side" is that it's so much easier, logistically speaking. I do realize that it's also rather limiting.

Perhaps I should go ahead and include the Castleton area as well?

Personally, I'm good with Italian, a steak house, or seafood. But the wife isn't much of a fan. And she HATES paying "premium" for a steak that I can do pretty well on myself at home.

Anyone been to the Eagle's Nest? Worth it?

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Wow. Must have been typing at the same time. I went there (Eagle's Nest) about 13 years ago before prom. It was good, I haven't been back, so I cannot say if the quality is still there. I got a steak, and she got a salad, no adult beverages, so it wasn't that bad.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    one word, FOGO

I think that would fall under a steakhouse, great food but he doesn't want a steakhouse.

PF Chang if you want Chinese, St. Elmo's has several none steak items, Palimino's has chicken dishes. All great places to eat, And there is always HOOTERS!

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Downtown: Palomino, Rock Bottom

Greenwood: Las Vegas (great Martinis there), Melting Pot, Stone Creek

That's all I got. I offer my signature as evidence of how often I dress up to go anywhere.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Forgot about Fogo!!!

We both want to eat there... But are waiting on a good friend who said he's going to treat us to dinner there.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    No seafood, steaks, or italian? I got nuthin'!

I hear there is a nice Chinese (Oriental) downtown. PF Changs, maybe? Rathskeller is always nice.

I took my wife to Agio over on Mass Ave for her birthday last year. Fancy place. We had a nice dinner and walked up and down Mass Ave for a bit.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    the melting pot is expensive....about $100 out the door for the two of us.

as for steaks, i've never had anyone cook a filet or ribeye like Eddie Merlot's, not even on the 7 or 8 cruise ships i've been on. eddie's makes ruth chris look like applebee's (but perhaps i was there on bad night?).

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Indy Guy, take her back to the resterraunt you ate at when you got engaged, my wife loves when we eat at the place we had our first date.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    malibu on maryland has excellent food. wolfgang puck worked there early in his career. my uncle used to manage it so I got free food. the cheesecake if $7.50 but SO worth it.

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    The melting pot in greenwood is right there at county line and 135 behind that las Vegas place if I remember correctly... If you like German go on north on 135 past county line and it's there on the left... Can't remember the name of it eidelweiss or something like that

Top Bottom