• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I’m not asking for links, or even for you to prove anything to me. I’m just saying that between competing hypotheses, the preferred one is the one that requires the fewest untestable assumptions. I’m not privy to the sources I would need to have to be able to test those assumptions. So for me they’re untestable.

But mostly, I’m just really happy for the invite. :)

And I see what you are saying.
    Yes, the invite is open ended.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If I'm going to have an opinion, I'd rather have one based on some facts. Bradshaw isn't in the discussion for objective reasons. His stats just aren't at that level, but I would put Bradshaw in the top 10 all time. He was a great QB. Objectively, given Brady's accomplishments, and stats, if he's not the GOAT, he's objectively at that level.

And I get the hate thing. I really REALLY hate Aaron Rogers. But I have to admit that he's a great QB, and if he were traded to a team I really like, I'd probably stop hating him so much. I probably hate Aaron Rogers because I really REALLY hate the Packers. One of my favorite things in the world is to see Aaron Rogers get sacked and fumble.

Now, about the discussion of performance enhancers, yeah, that belongs on the table. I don't think Brady has an over the top performance compared to those who've been caught taking them. I mean, look at Barry Bonds. He quickly turned from the skinny player he was at Pittsburgh to the bulky powerhouse home run king he was at SF in a few short years. That one seemed like a no brainier.

Brady's performance is impressive for a guy that old, but it's not over the top. Most of the games I saw him play in 2018, he was pretty meh. He was 10th in QB rating in 2018. But, he's in the top 10 after age 40. That's not all that normal. I'm not sure if Favre was in the top 10 after 40, and he was another rare one to play at a high level when most people would be too old to be effective. It doesn't mean Brady (or Favre) is taking performance enhancers, but it is a legitimate part of the discussion. I would be disappointed but not shocked to find out if Brady were taking them.
    That goes back to what I was saying about baseball vs football though. It is much more obvious in most cases in baseball, because it has a much more direct affect. In football being stronger as a QB isn't really going to help a whole lot. Being able to recover and heal faster and better though, that will help a lot.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Factually, Manning changed the game of football. It wouldn’t be what it is today without Peyton Manning. The rule changes, the way running backs have been de-valued, the way GM’s mortgage their future to find “the one”. 20+ years ago you could with championships with a stout defense, a stud running back, and an average QB (see the 90’s Cowboys). You CANNOT do that today. The ‘18 Rams are the perfect example. Aaron Donald isn’t human, Todd Gurley is top tier, and they LOST. All of that is due in large part to the genius of Peyton Manning.

Tom Brady is easily one of the top 3 QB’s ever. He’s a great QB that was fortunate to get paired with probably the greatest coach ever, but does anybody remember the Matt Cassel season? They kept right on chugging without Tom Brady and went 11-5. There are plenty of QB’s with stats and rings: Brees, Rodgers, Favre.

Only one quarterback has ever won a Super Bowl with two different franchises: Peyton freakin Manning. And, factually, Manning has a better postseason record head-to-head against Brady.
    You think Aikman was average?

As for can't win a SB without a great QB, who was the great QB on Philadelphia last year? Manning only played part of the season and was pretty much washed up in Denver in 2016, Seattle 2014?Baltimore 2013? Giants 2012?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

As for can't win a SB without a great QB, who was the great QB on Philadelphia last year? Manning only played part of the season and was pretty much washed up in Denver in 2016, Seattle 2014?Baltimore 2013? Giants 2012?

Philly QB turned in a pretty stellar performance.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

Nick Foles was unbelievably good in the 2018 playoffs. Seattle: Russell Wilson is really good. Baltimore: Joe Flacco played awesome and got himself payed. New York: Who threw that beautiful dime to Tyree? 2012 Eli was really good.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Well. Musta impressed Elway with that rare long hookup. Maybe as a Bronco next season he’ll be better than 26th in QB rankings.

I'm not a fan but Flacco hasn't had a run game since that abusive back got canned and banned.
    NO QB is going to excel without a run game. One dimensional offense is usually easy to shut down.
    Colts got a run game this past year AND pass blocking. Look what they achieved.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    As a Steelers fan if one reads the boards most fans will put Ben above Bradshaw. . I am not one of them.

As far as Brady I have a lot of respect for the guy. Six rings and playing better than most guys half his age. Is he the greatest QB of all time, maybe, he is definitely in the conversation. I have always had Montana in the top spot, but thats just me. Brady in the top three for sure.

As a Pats' fan, I find that disrespectful to Bradshaw. Ben's a beast and a winner for sure, but those 70's and 80 era Steelers' teams were great as was he. (He might not get out of concession protocol today)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County

eVhNDry.gif

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He asked for the trade. Odd thing is that AB from what I've heard is really cool to fans, but he hates the NFL bureaucracy. I was surprised to hear that, because most of the time he sounds like a ****. But then again, that's to other star players and management. And for full disclosure, I hate both the Steelers and the Raiders.

OOooooooooo......not a Raiders hater. Say it aint so Kut. Say it aint so.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom