• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Since it is Friday and I'm kind of bored at work, anyone have any good NFA stamp waiting advice?

I called the ATF today and both my MAC-10 and my suppressor went Pending as of January 24th (a full 20 days after they should have received my paperwork, but what can you do). She said the wait times are a full six months. Whether that's still accurate or not, I don't know.

So, I have at least a good 3 months more to wait. How can I fill my time without going crazy? :crying::crying::crying:

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    My M11/9 went pending Jan 28. We should be getting ours abbout the same time. You can't make the wait on the first one easier, but if you send out a new form for something new every couple months, it will make thos wait times feel shorter, as you will have a steady flow of nfa items getting approved. Unfortunately, I couldn't wait to drag them out like that, so I sen t mh others in bulk.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Go shoot boring weapons. Haha! Best is to try and forget, never call. Then one day, bam, friggin Christmas!!

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Since it is Friday and I'm kind of bored at work, anyone have any good NFA stamp waiting advice?

I called the ATF today and both my MAC-10 and my suppressor went Pending as of January 24th (a full 20 days after they should have received my paperwork, but what can you do). She said the wait times are a full six months. Whether that's still accurate or not, I don't know.

So, I have at least a good 3 months more to wait. How can I fill my time without going crazy? :crying::crying::crying:

-Remodel the bathroom
    -refinish the hardwood floors
    -pressure wash the house
    -fix the fence
    -stain the deck
    -stain the fence
    -mulch the flowerbeds
    -take up knitting
    -learn a foreign language
    -take belly dancing lessons
    -volunteer for a charitable orginization
    -take a training course
    -fix the cracks in the drywall
    -pressure wash the driveway

That should get you started. :D

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    -Remodel the bathroom
    -refinish the hardwood floors
    -pressure wash the house
    -fix the fence
    -stain the deck
    -stain the fence
    -mulch the flowerbeds
    -take up knitting
    -learn a foreign language
    -take belly dancing lessons
    -volunteer for a charitable orginization
    -take a training course
    -fix the cracks in the drywall
    -pressure wash the driveway

That should get you started. :D

That sounds like something my wife would say... if I were married. :laugh:

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Buy more Tittle 2 firearms, that way you will always be getting one after the first half year.

Yep, just like I said. Then by the time you've played around with the new one enough, you'll have another new one coming in. Just dont get impatient like me and buy them all at the same time, and send all the forms in together, of course that will make for one very fun day when get them all back.:rockwoot:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Get a girlfriend. She'll at least fill your time until your stamps come back then dump her and and enjoy what really matters. :ar15:

Just don't marry her or you won't be able to afford anymore stamps....or guns.....or ammo....or food....or tools....or clothes....or cars....or gas....or girlfriends.... :(

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Get a girlfriend. She'll at least fill your time until your stamps come back then dump her and and enjoy what really matters. :ar15:

Just don't marry her or you won't be able to afford anymore stamps....or guns.....or ammo....or food....or tools....or clothes....or cars....or gas....or girlfriends.... :(

Marry? Hell, I have a hard time affording them when she's just the girlfriend

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Hah, Dead Duck. You had me laughing at my desk at work. :):

Anyway, I have thought about getting some additional NFA items. It's just the cost that keeps me from doing it. I was at Linden a few weeks back and ran into a guy with an SBR PS90 with a suppressor. I'd love to put something like that together, but I don't have $3k laying around.

I guess what I could do is pick up a decent M4 style AR lower (a few hundred), get it engraved, and submit a Form 1 to make it an SBR. Then while waiting for that to go through, save up for a decent short barreled upper and a can for it. Kind of getting a suppressed SBR on an installment plan.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Find a new hobby then once u get board of that your stamp will be probably done

That's exactly how I got into NFA from motorcycles. In fact, that's probably the real problem. Waiting for some decent riding weather that lasts more than a day is making me stir crazy. I need to get the bike out and go riding.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Thats suprising, I havent heard of anyone getting them sooner than 6 months. By looks of it, most people are right around 180 days from forms mailed. Congrats to who ever the buyer is.

Maybe they are hitting their stride or working through a pre-holiday rush of backlog and are catching up?

Hey, a guy can dream, can't he? :cool:

Top Bottom