• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Since it is Friday and I'm kind of bored at work, anyone have any good NFA stamp waiting advice?

I called the ATF today and both my MAC-10 and my suppressor went Pending as of January 24th (a full 20 days after they should have received my paperwork, but what can you do). She said the wait times are a full six months. Whether that's still accurate or not, I don't know.

So, I have at least a good 3 months more to wait. How can I fill my time without going crazy? :crying::crying::crying:

Fire and.forget

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Why exactly do they make you wait so long for this anyhow?

According to this chart from NFA Tracker, it looks like they "streamlined" the process late last year year (probably when they assigned examiners to specific regions), but some other factor was introduced that dramatically increased the delay. The supposition is that it's deliberate, but we obviously have no way of knowing.

qGLQW.png

Also, NFA Tracker has a tool that can estimate when you're likely to receive your stamp, based on this data:

http://www.randominfo.net/NFA/NfaWait.php

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    According to this chart from NFA Tracker, it looks like they "streamlined" the process late last year year (probably when they assigned examiners to specific regions), but some other factor was introduced that dramatically increased the delay. The supposition is that it's deliberate, but we obviously have no way of knowing.

qGLQW.png

Also, NFA Tracker has a tool that can estimate when you're likely to receive your stamp, based on this data:

NFA Wait Time Calculator

Everytime I go to that blasted NFA calendar, it pushes me back even further. Right now its telling me to expect september. That will be 8 months. It better be wrong.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Right now its telling me to expect september. That will be 8 months. It better be wrong.

Unfortunately. I have to ask "or what"? There is, literally, nothing we can do about it. The ATF has no accountability for their delays. They cannot be forced to implement new policies to streamline the process and speed up approvals.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Or Im gonna roll around on the ground and kick and scream and throw a temper tantrum. I know there is nothing we can do about it, and theres a million topics all over the webs complaining about the wait times, I was just really banking on my form to be approved when I get home. It would be the best EAS present ever.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Picked up several AOWs a dozen years ago and one of them was a used Ithaca Stake Out from a friend and SOT, which was a sister to several ordered and owned by friends before I got interested in Tittle II firearms (ok always interested, but before I started buying a few ;-). Since we where shooting them, figured would get a spare, so when one the guys decided to sell his I figured would pick it up and have a working set of spare parts. Well even though the second one was part of the first shipment to the same SOT (one of the group of friends) when we tried to transfer the BATFE did not get it completed to the best of our knowledge, however, was not in a rush as this was as few months before 911. Waited until next year and have followed up and re submitted a few times (maybe not enough times but all friends here and can have the money back for the purchase any time I want ... but makes a good story), it most looks like this one fell off the books for the BATFE.

Take Care
    John

P.S. Ended up with a 3rd one in even nicer condition since them ... or would that be a 2nd one and the second one becomes the 3rd one now since it was not received .....

jdthieke

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    And that is true...I have gotten paperwork back in 2 months before...yet another time I had to wait 8 whole months. Federal Govt for ya.

JOLLYKART

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Mooresville
    I have several items now in limbo the first went pending November 9th 2011 and still waiting so here is what I did.

As a newbie to NFA items I impatiently called every week for a month. Then to make myself crazy I would only call once a month. Now when I need a little humor I call for an update - Guess what - still pending. Now thats funny in a very disheartening way.

To save you some aggravation and several hundred of dollars of therapy - take the pending date, add 180 days too it, place that date as a reminder on your calender and forget you every started this process.

Good luck with your quest.

Top Bottom