• ...and so much more!
  • MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Here is something depressing. I mailed off a form 1 and and form 4 on 2/11/12. The form 4 went pending on 3/5/12 and the form 1 on 3/12/12. It's gonna be a looooooong summer.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    My form 4 went pending on Jan 24. It said I should expect it in September! Holy Crap! I was hoping to have it the end of July. I guess that aint happening.

Doug, I still havent got my Form 1 sent out yet. I need to get on that.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    My form 4 went pending on Jan 24. It said I should expect it in September! Holy Crap! I was hoping to have it the end of July. I guess that aint happening.

Doug, I still havent got my Form 1 sent out yet. I need to get on that.

Yes you do! I just got a suppressor last Friday. It was 6 months 3 days from mailbox to suppressor in hand. I was hoping to have my sbr and new suppressor in time for NFA day, but I'm having my doubts.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Looks like re-organizing the examiners by region has just made the problem much much worse. :noway:

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The same person whom made the calculator came up with this chart to see the old process (blue) and the new process (red) since the change in June.
    WaitTimeTrend.png

any who a better explanation can be seen here.
    What's Up at BATFE's NFA Office?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The same person whom made the calculator came up with this chart to see the old process (blue) and the new process (red) since the change in June.

any who a better explanation can be seen here.
    What's Up at BATFE's NFA Office?

That looks like they've done something else to standardize their process in addition to reorganizing the examiners, but at the same time some other element was introduced. Maybe the number of submissions is increasing at a regular rate, for example, increasing the wait times.

Why are we not demanding better service from our employees? What can we do to require it?

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    As someone who has first hand expierence of wait times on a daily basis, I think this calculator is off by at least 30-60 days for Indiana.

Right now my customer Form 4's are running dead on at the 5 month to 6 month time frame. That is an increase from just two months ago and an even larger increase then 6 months ago.

That tells me that the newly increased wait times are a direct influece of the nearing Presidential election. To support this I use for example Rock River Arms whose wait times for AR's has once again been labeled as "Indefinite" and the fact that it is near impossible to get any AR or AK's from distributors right now. Now if that isn't a throw back to the post Obama election period I don't know what is.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    Kind of discouraging to me. I have a Scar 16s, and a FNP45 tac that are crying for suppressors, but when I sit and think about the monetary investment (not a whole lot) I get happy.....but then discouraged when I hear it would be near Christmas before I ever got my paperwork back.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    soooo

If I wait till the right time I can do the following.

1. Wait long enough to go to NFA day.
    2. Input my paperwork so I should receive it next spring just in time to go to the range.
    3. Cry because the back-log took longer to clear than expected and try to go to NFA day next year.

Top Bottom