• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    I have been wondering the same thing. I currently have four form 4's submitted via trust waiting on stamps. The first is from February. It is frustrating when I see approvals from April and May submissions and I am still waiting.

Mine was from from the end of March and got it back early September? Hopefully yours will come through soon.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I don't know that it matters, but fyi, I called yesterday to notify ATF on a pending SBR build from pre 41f on a change on my trust. A trustee was removed, and I noticed the rules state to notify ATF of any changes in between pending and approved. I had difficulty finding what the rules were pre-41f re: this, so I called them anyways to determine how to proceed.
    They informed me it was not necessary pre41f. Post 41f, to inform them in writing. I discovered my pending date, and updated my sbr app post accordingly. Filed in late May. They had called for clarification 3 months to the day in August, to determine the manufacturer of my lower receiver. I confirmed it was an 80% lower I milled. If I get the stamp by mid November, I will be shocked and awed.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I filed a paper form 1 in February and a form 4 in January, both using a trust. Both stamps came back in just under 6 months.

Still waiting on my Hybrid to come back, form sent in on March 18th.

With as many forms that were papered before 41F, I'm not surprised if wait times increase a ton. Just have to sit back and wait

Parrthed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2016
    Charlestown
    It's gonna take a while for this one to smooth out. I called to cancel a SBR and the lady said they didn't have it in the system yet, (sent July 7) but they were working around the clock to get caught up. She said to call back in a few weeks They were imputting forms from mid June when I called last week.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    My LGS called today. My stamp came in. It got approved seven months to the day from the date the check was cashed. I go the shop, fill out the 4473, and then wait 20 minutes to be delayed for the first time in my life. I am on vacation tomorrow, so the timing was perfect to get some range time to try it out. FRUSTRATION.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    My LGS called today. My stamp came in. It got approved seven months to the day from the date the check was cashed. I go the shop, fill out the 4473, and then wait 20 minutes to be delayed for the first time in my life. I am on vacation tomorrow, so the timing was perfect to get some range time to try it out. FRUSTRATION.

I know the 4473 has to be filled out for the FFL's records, but I didn't think they had to call in the NICS for NFA items. :dunno:

Top Bottom