• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Talked to a very sweet woman this morning at ATF... she confirmed my application is pending and everything in order and within the "current average approval time" of 39 days (i'm at 28 days) so i just need to "sit tight"... :) lol.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Andrew messaged me saying my Huxwrx 762 Ventum was approved. I have been checking my email EVERY day and he always beats me to the punch. Now that is a dealer on top of things and why I send everyone his direction.

Form 4 Individual
    Efiled 4/29/24
    FP cards arrived 5/2/24 to ATF
    Approved 5/30/24
    Exactly 32 day approval

This is gonna get expensive!!! LOL

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Talked to a very sweet woman this morning at ATF... she confirmed my application is pending and everything in order and within the "current average approval time" of 39 days (i'm at 28 days) so i just need to "sit tight"... :) lol.
    I remember the days when I would start to worry around 10 months of waiting. Now people calling in worrying at 28 days....LOL I get it though

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I remember the days when I would start to worry around 10 months of waiting. Now people calling in worrying at 28 days....LOL I get it though
    I've never waited longer than 6 months on a personal or a trust. This particular case was a dealer change, and print method change, after a 10 day approval 1 month prior. So yeah, when you get one back in 10 days mailing in prints, then you are at 4 weeks doing digitals for the first time with a new FFL it makes you wonder wtf is going on.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I've never waited longer than 6 months on a personal or a trust. This particular case was a dealer change, and print method change, after a 10 day approval 1 month prior. So yeah, when you get one back in 10 days mailing in prints, then you are at 4 weeks doing digitals for the first time with a new FFL it makes you wonder wtf is going on.
    It's interesting, approvals are either a week or a month and a half. Not a lot in between at this point.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Did you send those in on a trust?

I had two in on a trust, and both submitted at the same time way back on 12/28/2023. The 1st came back 131 days later on 5/7/2024 and the 2nd on 5/14/2024.
    It really matters not how you do your paperwork. I've been doing them since 1979, it's constantly a changing game with when ones paperwork comes back. The one before these two was 350+ days.

BP84

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2024
    Sunman
    Seems like the people that get the near instant approval have a squeaky clean record or they don’t have a common name. If you have a small stain on your record or have a common name, it takes a little longer for them to manually verify the background info. This is for individuals and not trusts of course.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Seems like the people that get the near instant approval have a squeaky clean record or they don’t have a common name. If you have a small stain on your record or have a common name, it takes a little longer for them to manually verify the background info. This is for individuals and not trusts of course.
    Makes sense if they have some kind of more automated system now that just kicks some out for human intervention. No idea if that's the case because, you know... govt.

That's how it would be in the private sector, especially with AI enhanced systems.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Here is the full setup. Honey Badger SBR Blue Ano with Huxwrx 762 Ventum. Amazing can! Not the quietest and a little sparky but that will probably go away with time. I did have a hell of a time getting the end cap off. The end cap holds the titanium 3D baffle in place with small tapers. When fully tightened, it makes the end cap hard to come off. I cleaned the inside tube and put anti seize on the end cap. That way I don't need a 10 foot cheater pipe to get it loose next time when dirty and carboned up. Flow through technology WORKS! While waiting on the Ventum I tuned my HB adjustable gas block to run subs and supers with my YHM R2. Put the Huxwrx 762 Ventum flow through on and now I need to go back to the original settings. Supers and subs run at the same gas block position with the flow through technology. I want anothern!!!!
    SBR-2.jpgHUXWRX.jpgHUXWRX 2.jpgHUXWRX 3.jpgHUXWRX 4.jpgHUXWRX 5.jpg

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I've had FFLs, SOTs, and a Federal Explosives license, and I can't go into a store and buy a 22 rifle. Can't figure that one out.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jrde409
    Top Bottom