• lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Thanks lovemywoods!

So, I figured I'd post up my round count to bring and see if it's too much, not enough. I'd plan on firing each gun in the calibers listed below:

.223 steel cased Tulammo x 200rds
    .45 mostly brass 200rds
    .40 150rds steel Tulammo
    7.62x39 steel Wolf 180rds
    9mm brass 150-200rds
    Box of 333rds. of .22LR from lovemywoods and a few extra I have (total of around 500)

Whatcha think?

My first reaction is that you should be well covered. You will likely take ammo home at the end of the day, but you should be able to shoot a wide variety of great firearms during the day.

If someone liked your list but didn't have the funds for quite so much ammo, I'd reduce the amounts of .40 and .45. I'd keep the levels of .223 and 9mm for sure. Additionally, I'd try to have 100 of the 9mm rounds be 147 grain if possible for the suppressed guns.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Dave, if you have any of the .22 left, I'd like to get some. I don't need a whole box either, half a box should be way more than enought to shoot some suppressed guns.
    thanks, either way.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Dave, if you have any of the .22 left, I'd like to get some. I don't need a whole box either, half a box should be way more than enought to shoot some suppressed guns.
    thanks, either way.

I'll split it with you. I'll be bringing what I have, but I'm not sure that it will be enough. I would happily buy what you don't need.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Will there be anyone at the n00b day taking those high quality photos I've seen from previous years? I'd love to have more than brass to take home with me to show my friends/family
    Take all the photos you want, but as long as its the same as previous years, we leave all the brass to Lovemywoods as a (very, very small) partial payment for use of his land and time.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Take all the photos you want, but as long as its the same as previous years, we leave all the brass to Lovemywoods as a (very, very small) partial payment for use of his land and time.
    I figured, but it doesn't effect me in any way. I don't reload or anything, I just collect empty brass casing of rounds I've fired. One of each. I was referring to brass in the singular form, not multiple. :):

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    391   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I'll be bringing several thousand .40cal rounds for the MP5, 9mm 115gn and 147gn for the suppressed UZI and Glock, 7.62x39 for the AK's, .223 for the M16s, and some 8mm and 458 Socom for the other guns. As requested, this will all be factory ammunition.

Dave was very generous to offer up his stash of .22 ammo also. We don't want to clean him out, so I'll have plenty of .22LR as well, subsonic, supersonic, jacketed and lead.

I don't want this to turn into a selling event (that's surely not the intention of the day), but if anyone runs short on ammunition, rest assured there will be plenty available.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Anyone know a good place to pick up .300 BLK (or .300 Whisper I suppose) subsonic and .458 SOCOM? I can't seem to find either (though I have been able to find .300 BLK super sonic, but what's the point of that?).

I got to remember to pick up a few boxes of .40 S&W. Luckily, that's usually the one caliber in stock at Walmart.

Update: I just found .300 BLK. I bought 200 rounds from LAX Ammo (factory new Remington 220gr, in case anyone was concerned about reloads).

Hmm, maybe I should just buy a .300 BLK upper now that I have ammo for it. :ingo:

Last edited:

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Dirtebiker and N8RV,

I have you down to split a box. You may want to coordinate between yourselves since I believe N8RV is attending Saturday and Dirtebiker is a Sunday participant. The box can be left here overnight if you like.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Dirtebiker and N8RV,

I have you down to split a box. You may want to coordinate between yourselves since I believe N8RV is attending Saturday and Dirtebiker is a Sunday participant. The box can be left here overnight if you like.

That works for me. I'll check in with you, Dave, and pay half. I promise I won't use up more than my half. :):

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'll be bringing several thousand .40cal rounds for the MP5, 9mm 115gn and 147gn for the suppressed UZI and Glock, 7.62x39 for the AK's, .223 for the M16s, and some 8mm and 458 Socom for the other guns. As requested, this will all be factory ammunition.

Dave was very generous to offer up his stash of .22 ammo also. We don't want to clean him out, so I'll have plenty of .22LR as well, subsonic, supersonic, jacketed and lead.

I don't want this to turn into a selling event (that's surely not the intention of the day), but if anyone runs short on ammunition, rest assured there will be plenty available.
    Thanks, I'm sure I'll hit you up for some!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Dirtebiker and N8RV,

Thanks Dave. N8RV, just leave my half with Dave and I'll get it Sunday.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Here is my ammo list...still going to add a tad bit more once I get paid again, and also send some money to Aszerign fora belt or two. Goes with out saying all is production.

Tula Steel 7.62x39 - 160 rds
    Remington .22LR Thunderbolt - 200 rds
    Federal Target .22LR - 200 rds
    .223 Brass cased - 40 rds
    .223 Steel cased - 20 rds
    Blazer 40 - 50 rds
    Brass 9mm - 200 rds

Going to be looking for more brass and steel .223 and another box of 40. Then 100 rds for .45. I dont know about you guys but I am excited! Plus its my first INGO "event". :ar15:

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I need to catch up in this thread. ;)

I'll be bringing 30 reloadable belts and a few thousand rounds of 8mm. Purchase price on the ammo will be $39 per 50 round belt. If you prepay with cash, belts are $36. That's pretty much my cost. 8mm ammunition isn't cheap, but shooting the MG-42 is a once in a lifetime experience. Wait until you hear it.

Put me down for 150 rounds. I'll bring the cash if that's ok. :):

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    This particular upper has a 4.75” barrel so it prefers high velocity .22lr with a heavy projectile. Plated projectiles keeps the gun running more reliably for a longer period of time between cleanings due to the reduction of lead fouling. Furthermore, using plated projectiles yields a reduction in the coefficient of friction when pushing the cartridge up the feed ramps. The plating also reduces the amount of lead particulate that gets into the suppressor thus reducing the duration between cleanings of the can. The other factor is powder charge consistency of ammo manufacturers. As seen in the video below (note that this was filmed at a range that did not permit full auto, hence the semi auto only), the Remington golden bullet .22 value pack ammunition lacks powder charge consistency. A few will be under charged and will not cycle the gun (as seen in the beginning), and a few will be over charged resulting in a more noisy ballistic crack from the projectile braking the sound barrier (Note 90% of all high velocity ammo from various mfgs will be subsonic out of this upper)

Hmmm, I have a brick of Aquila Supermaximum Hyper Velocity. 30gr plated rated at 1750fps. Do you think that it will work? I bought it from Midway several months ago during the panic. If so, I'll bring it. $5 box is less than what I paid for it with shipping from Midway. ;)

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Will there be anyone at the n00b day taking those high quality photos I've seen from previous years? I'd love to have more than brass to take home with me to show my friends/family

I'll bring my equipment. When I'm not shooting a firearm, I'll be shooting my camera. ;) There are some here that can vouche for me. :):

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Hmmm, I have a brick of Aquila Supermaximum Hyper Velocity. 30gr plated rated at 1750fps. Do you think that it will work? I bought it from Midway several months ago during the panic. If so, I'll bring it. $5 box is less than what I paid for it with shipping from Midway. ;)

I have not tried that type yet. You’re welcome to give it a shot to see how it performs though.

Top Bottom