• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RandyN2075

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    South of Greenwood
    I set my wife up with a .22 ruger MkI and a 1022, I plan on my 20ga 870 w/smooth bore deer barrel and Glock .40...I was planning on taking my 12ga 870 but when I was cleaning my guns the other day, I determined I would be better off with the lesser weight...I'm not the young hoss, I used to be.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    SHTF contemplates home defense AND putting food on the table.

First choice: Shotgun
    Second Choice: Shotgun
    Third Choice: Shotgun

Go for the Mossberg since on limited budget. Get both barrels. Buy a wide range of shells with the money left over. Problem Solved

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I acutally just sold my 870. I had it as a HD gun, but one day I realized that if I had that and my Taurus sitting next to my bed stand and someone was to break in, I would grab the 709. I never shot very well with the shotgun and couldnt get comfortable with it, and I know that I can put the entire mag of my pistol on target quickly.
    There are a lot of variables with shotguns so without details, it is hard to help you get the right one picked out for you.

I have "plenty" of shotguns but the gun closest to me when in bed is a handgun with a light. Does the 709 have a light? If not get one. Each thing you do, do right. Not every gun needs a light, but every SHTF gun does and you only have one gun.

Get a scope for your 597.

Get 10 mags for each gun you own.

Then get a rifle or shotgun with money left over.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    Any one of these is a must for Zombies & SHTF

dsc04451s.jpg

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute

IMHO: Remington 870 (New for about $370 including tax or used for about $150). Use your leftover money for a good sling, light, magazine extension and side saddle, in that order. If you don't know exactly what brands of upgrades you want, go cheap at first, you can always sell your leftover parts on e-bay as you continue to upgrade.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Dunhams Sporting Goods for their Sunday/Monday door-buster special and pick up a WASR-10 for $350. Use the other $150 on mags and ammo.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I recently picked up a Mossberg 500 Field/Deer combo for $250 brand new. Dick's runs this special regularly, so you shouldn't have to wait long to catch it again. 18.5" barrel runs about $80 from the factory. Add on-board ammo storage and a sling and you STILL have money left over for ammo or a compstock, and as other have said, there is no game animal in Indiana nor two legged predator that you could not handle with this set-up.

Top Bottom