• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • digitalphoenix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    In a cornfield.
    What are your thoughts on a sig stainless 1911? Brother in-law asked and I have no experience with one.
    A coworker of mine has one. He calls it the Duchess and pretty much worships it as I do mine.

This is the only problem I've seen from his. He started reloading recently. Took both our 1911's to the range and only mine would accept his rounds. Some fired and others didn't in mine. the bullets in his Sig 1911 would get stuck in the barrel, don't know why. Could be the fact that they weren't copper jacketed. I'd still like to have one cause it's more sharper around the edges than a traditional 1911.

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    I went to Kodiak today and shot their smith and wesson e series 1911, WOW! It felt great in my hand, and even though i was shooting 45 acp, the recoil felt about the same, maybe even a little less, than the recoil on my 9mm. im guessing its because of the guns weight, all steel vs polymer....anyway i definitely get it now it was really amazing. however i wouldnt carry one, because the trigger is so extremely light, you barely touch it and boom, i havent been shooting long enough to have good trigger control, if i ever had to use it in a situation, i would probably shoot accidentally because of the adrenaline/fear/nervousness of the situation and that really light trigger. my m&p on the other hand has a country mile travel. i would absolutely love to get a 1911, but i would have to spend a lot of time training with it before carrying it. As a comparison I also shot a m&p45 and the recoil was just too much....it felt more like a revolver than a semiauto.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Find a pistol you like and buy multiple copies.

I recommend 4:

1. to carry
    2. in the safe as ready reserve
    3. at the gunsmith
    4. off your property (brother's, friend, cousin, etc.)

Lots of mags (no, not just the two that came with it), ammo and most of all collect classes. Invest in you not the guns.:)

twfshelton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    The woods of green
    I second the e series, I picked up an all black bob tail. It is commander size made of scandium. Very easy to carry, very nice to shoot. Comes with lots of extras, night sites, forward serrations, extended beaver tail, very sexy 1911

JAFO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    STI are pretty sweet shooting... I have two other brands of 1911 and I oogle my friends STI every time he brings it to the range.
    To me... STI is the one to get

500 mag

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Indy
    I held a Colt talo commander not to long ago, very nice gun but isn't cheap. that one was $1,300 but probably worth the money.

Sedanman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Noblesville
    I have a Kimber ultra carry II it's cool because its a small version so you can carry a 1911 discretely. It shoots great, I think my next 1911 will be a full size version.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'm no expert, but I picked up a Sig Tac Ops on Christmas Eve, and just got a chance to fire it last Saturday. All I'm going to say is wow. I've had a Colt LW Officer, but traded it off. The Sig is just about perfect. I put ~200 rounds through it, both factory and my handloads, without one hiccup. It is way more accurate than I, and is a pleasure to shoot. I'm not a sharpshooter by any stretch, but wearing out the middle of my targets made me a believer. Just for ****s and giggles, I was shooting at my Bobcat Steel small silouette target at 50 yards between sighting in my AR and was able to hit it ~40 % of the time (which is pretty damn good for me). I wasn't really taking my time, nor was I rapid firing. This was on my first range trip, so I'm only going to get better with it. I almost bought another one on Saturday night because I was so impressed. Good luck with your search.

Top Bottom