• Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That will happen if he surges ahead.

I am not so sure. I think the left (MSM) might give him a pass. I think they consider him the only acceptable candidate that we have in the GOP. He is so much more civilized. They probably know he is pro-abortion, pro-homosexual rights and anti-gun but is forced to assume the contrary positions just to get through the cretins that vote in the GOP primary. Plus he can't criticize ObamneyCare like the others most certainly will.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I am not so sure. I think the left (MSM) might give him a pass. I think they consider him the only acceptable candidate that we have in the GOP. He is so much more civilized. They probably know he is pro-abortion, pro-homosexual rights and anti-gun but is forced to assume the contrary positions just to get through the cretins that vote in the GOP primary. Plus he can't criticize ObamneyCare like the others most certainly will.

Don't you remember how McCain was every Democrat's favorite Republican? Then he turned ultra conservative and became senile and had had an affair years before that he never had.

Watch what they do to Romney. We're going to learn all about the Mormon undergarments, and the spaceship stuff, and I wouldn't be surprised if they hit him from the right since that's where he's vulnerable.

I predict the nastiest and most openly hostile media coverage in our lifetimes thus far, regardless of who gets the nomination. They fear Romney the most because he's got the best chance with the drooling morons, I mean the swing voters.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Some targets are just too easy :):

Seriously though, I haven't heard many people vocalize much support for him here on INGO so I'm not sure it would really accomplish much.

So you do admit your modus operandi is specifically to trash the candidates your fellow INGOers support if that candidate is not Ron Paul?

MAJB Retired

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    So who are you going to pick to defeat Obama? I keep hearing that Obama is going down to defeat this coming November. As the old saying goes - don't count your chickens until the eggs hatch. The current crop of republicans are continually fighting each other for the nomination and keep exposing their vunerable areas to Obama (say as want about him - he and his staff are smart and not stupid) and if we have a third party candidate (Ron Paul) then the election goes to Obama. The economy will improve just enough along with people seeing the current congress as do nothing and being a roadblock to his initatives and will give him a second chance. We can't under estimate him. We will have to hold our noses when we vote in the next election. I would take Gingrich over Obama any day.

Ron Paul recently stated that he would not run as a third party candidate. However, Ralph Nader is always an option to pull the Liberial votes from the Democrates. :twocents:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Maybe not in the popular press, but on INGO it will be a given.

Everyone's discussed Romney in previous threads. No-one has ignored him in the least.

Nobody has said he was being ignored. That is not what the term eviscerate means.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    ]Does Mitt Romney secretly answer to the Mormon church? Don't know, don't care. (And btw, I predict here and now that this will come up.)

It already has. (Strangely the same question was never raised about Huntsman in the media--that I recall) Even before Perry's minister started in on him. I agree with pretty much everything you have said in this whole thread, Dross +1 and repped. I am a Ron Paul supporter in the current field of candidates but as in some of the anti-Cain, anti-Romney threads, I have posted in, I believe in keeping it real, not just the automatic gainsaying of all other candidates.

And for what its worth, I'd rather have a candidate that DOES secretly take orders from the mormons over someone that bows to the King of Saud. At least the mormons are Americans (Wasn't Browning a mormon? IDK Brownings are made in UT, that must be true! :D)

Above paragraph--mostly facetious but still...
    Vote for Ron Paul! :rockwoot:

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Then why isn't Romney being eviscerated?
    Outside of TV-personalities and politicians, I have yet to ever find any real person who picks Romney as their first choice. I can't even think of anyone who likes Romney, at all. I've never seen anyone on this site speak positively about him, or his freakishly inconsistent record. Nobody who will admit it anyway.

Slamming Romney would be a boring conversation. Everyone seems to agree.

...the drooling morons, I mean the swing voters.
    Come on now.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Don't you remember how McCain was every Democrat's favorite Republican? Then he turned ultra conservative and became senile and had had an affair years before that he never had.

Watch what they do to Romney. We're going to learn all about the Mormon undergarments, and the spaceship stuff, and I wouldn't be surprised if they hit him from the right since that's where he's vulnerable.

I predict the nastiest and most openly hostile media coverage in our lifetimes thus far, regardless of who gets the nomination. They fear Romney the most because he's got the best chance with the drooling morons, I mean the swing voters.

I can't argue with any of that. :yesway:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Outside of TV-personalities and politicians, I have yet to ever find any real person who picks Romney as their first choice. I can't even think of anyone who likes Romney, at all. I've never seen anyone on this site speak positively about him, or his freakishly inconsistent record. Nobody who will admit it anyway.

Slamming Romney would be a boring conversation. Everyone seems to agree.

Come on now.

Okay, so I go back to my comment in the other thread: it isn't about discrediting any candidate based on his qualifications and positions. It's solely about attacking the candidate(s) that seem to have some support from INGO members.

Or you're just trolling for the sake of starting ****.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I know, it's so lame to discuss the issues of the prominent candidates. Seriously, who does that.
    No it is lame to think we are all so F'n stupid that we would not see him telegraphing his punch from the first post on.

All the candidates are prominent. You are talking about a handful of people out of 300 million plus. That makes every one of them prominent. R.Bone only trashes a person once they surpass R.Paul's numbers. He does that 100% of the time.

Since Paul Can't win and Newt, Cain, Romney or Perry are out for Paulinians then who do they want? You can't trash and thrash everyone down beneath the one you want. Negative selling is not selling and you can't win a multi-front war. When Perry puked, Newt bounced, not Paul. Paul is done. Some have said Obama, some said 3rd party.

Some just trash all comers. That's not intelligent discourse and it won't change a thing.

If you want Paul, sell Paul. Doing that may actually make a difference.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Okay, so I go back to my comment in the other thread: it isn't about discrediting any candidate based on his qualifications and positions. It's solely about attacking the candidate(s) that seem to have some support from INGO members.

Or you're just trolling for the sake of starting ****.
    I'm glad you brought up trolling. We seem to have a lot of people with trouble staying on the subject. Focus, people. We are trying to talk about Newt here. Let's try to have a civil discussion about the flavor of the week in the presidential race.

:ingo:

Mkidwe01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Greenwood
    I'm glad you brought up trolling. We seem to have a lot of people with trouble staying on the subject. Focus, people. We are trying to talk about Newt here. Let's try to have a civil discussion about the flavor of the week in the presidential race.

I agree lets talk about someone who has a chance of winning instead of wasting our time with old what's his face. Ooo I mean Ron Paul

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Wow, 81% of the Tea Party view Gingrich as favorable. Scary.

Gingrich: The Latest GOP Frontrunner
    Oddly enough, Gingrich has a surprising amount of support among Tea Partiers, notes PPP, reporting that Gingrich’s favorability amongst Tea Partiers is 81/14, while Romney’s is just 43/45. More than likely it is because Gingrich’s talking points have lately begun to sound more like Ron Paul’s, with his criticisms of the Federal Reserve and his assertions that the Constitution should be respected as the supreme law of the land. However, as Eddlem observed, despite Gingrich’s best efforts, he is no Tea Party conservative. For example, Eddlem writes that Gingrich “has a long history of supporting the same government healthcare mandates in RomneyCare and ObamaCare,” even though Gingrich has campaigned on the pledge to repeal ObamaCare. Likewise, Gingrich was a supporter of the Wall Street bailouts and TARP, as well as the bailout of the Mexican peso, and campaigned on behalf of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). Despite the failure of the ethanol subsidies, Gingrich has been a leading advocate for them, and has even pushed for what he calls “green conservatism,” asserting that it is the role of the federal government to “finance cleaner energy research and projects with new oil and gas royalties.” Furthermore, during Gingrich’s reign as Speaker of the House, federal spending increased from $1.227 trillion to $1.383 trillion, while federal tax receipts increased by over 50 percent. After Gingrich served as Speaker of the House, he became a fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, which was a key advocate of the invasion of Iraq.
    Gingrich’s military sights do not rest only on Iran. He told Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren in 2006, “I think we’re seeing around the world an emerging Third World War from North Korea to Pakistan to India to Afghanistan to Iraq and Iran to the increasing alliance between Venezuela and Iran to the British terrorists who are getting trained in Pakistan.”
    This record does not a Tea Party "conservative" make.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

Did you type that with a straight face? You really just admonished people for not staying on the focus of a thread?

Brass ones.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Did you type that with a straight face? You really just admonished people for not staying on the focus of a thread?

Brass ones.
    What am I supposed to say to comments like hers? I'm trolling? By talking about presidential frontrunner Newt Gingrich, 7 weeks before the first primaries, in my own thread, in the politics forum. How does that make sense? People come around derailing my discussions by posts about white supremacism and God knows what else. But it is *I* who am the troll. Some things I just am not meant to understand.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Newt is sooo in bed with these guys.

Gingrich said to be paid at least $1.6 Million by Freddie Mac
    Newt Gingrich made between $1.6 million and $1.8 million in consulting fees from two contracts with mortgage company Freddie Mac, according to two people familiar with the arrangement. The total amount is significantly larger than the $300,000 payment from Freddie Mac that Gingrich was asked about during a Republican presidential debate on Nov. 9 sponsored by CNBC, and more than was disclosed in the middle of congressional investigations into the housing industry collapse.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Top Bottom