• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This movie's not going to be a Michael Bay Explo-a-thon, is it?

Because seriously, I can't stand that. Yes, I get it, you can have 10,000 explosions in a film because of CGI. A robot that rolls around like a ball, that's cool. Yoda jumping and spinning in the air, that's dumb. Ironic as it is, Lucas ruined Star Wars for me and I have little faith that Disney* can restore it.

* It's even hard to say without retching a little.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Ironically, they took it to cable about the same time people started cutting their cable.

yes and I'm a "cable cutter", well satellite. Both the NFL and Nascar have lost audience by moving their products to pay TV. Sure, the pay TV rates are pretty high, but there's something about sports on broadcast TV that make cable a poor substitute. It's like it's not as big a deal if it's on cable only. I also wonder if the fantasy foortball craze has hurt Monday Night as most matchups are decided by then.

...and then there's the fact that the Monday Night Football product itself isn't as good.

NBC's Sunday night game has become "the" important game and the CBS's Thursday night game is gaining momentum.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Just saw this. Looks like the movie poster is out.

Dang, Carrie Fisher looks old. Hope they don't try and squeeze her into the Princess Leia slave costume. I heard she was Jabba the Hutt size now.

To be fair, Harrison Ford looks old too. Hope he doesn't crash the Millennium Falcon like he did his airplane.

Chewbacca must moisturize religiously because he hasn't aged a bit. He might be using Just for Men too because I do not see any grey.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Chewbacca must moisturize religiously because he hasn't aged a bit. He might be using Just for Men too because I do not see any grey.

aVWVV4w_700b.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This movie's not going to be a Michael Bay Explo-a-thon, is it?

Because seriously, I can't stand that. Yes, I get it, you can have 10,000 explosions in a film because of CGI. A robot that rolls around like a ball, that's cool. Yoda jumping and spinning in the air, that's dumb. Ironic as it is, Lucas ruined Star Wars for me and I have little faith that Disney* can restore it.

* It's even hard to say without retching a little.

Disney is going to do awesome. Clone Wars (by Disney, and animated), was stellar.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Looking forward to the movie. JJ Abrams is a great director. Happy that he is doing this film.

I think he was the absolute right choice to direct this film, and I'm glad he signed on to do it. I'm not a huge Star Wars guy, but after seeing all the trailers and information about this movie, I've really started getting into it. I always pictured Star Wars nerds as skinny white guys with glasses and pocket-protectors, but now I've learned that the franchise has pretty much touched every demographic imaginable.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Heard a story last evenong that Abrams flew a people and a copy of the movie out to a teen that is terminal and may not live until December.
    Very cool.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Heard a story last evenong that Abrams flew a people and a copy of the movie out to a teen that is terminal and may not live until December.
    Very cool.

Unless they have done this for multiple people, I think it was an adult. Not that it makes a difference, still cool.

Top Bottom