• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He's the new genetic master for the Stormtroopers... Yeah I know original trilogy Stormtroopers aren't Clonetroopers... but clearly there is some kind of inter-trooper war going on. New clones vs conscripts?

Actually, I'm not all that sure that the "new" Stormtroooers are conscripts. If you remember, before R2 and C3PO ruined his life, Luke wanted to go to the Imperial Academy.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    What happened to the New Republic?

I don't like "The Resistance"... "First Order" though, sounds totalitarian enough.

All the New Republic stuff from the Expanded Universe, (books, etc) got retconned. Never happened. Everything after Return of the Jedi takes place in the new universe. So the only things that count, right now, are the movies and the made for TV cartoons, (Clone Wars, Rebels, etc..).

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    All the New Republic stuff from the Expanded Universe, (books, etc) got retconned. Never happened. Everything after Return of the Jedi takes place in the new universe. So the only things that count, right now, are the movies and the made for TV cartoons, (Clone Wars, Rebels, etc..).

I always figured clone wars and rebels as a kids shows, guess I'll have to watch them.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I always figured clone wars and rebels as a kids shows, guess I'll have to watch them.

Actually, they were very well done and not geared towards kids, (even though kids loved them). I've watched them with my son and enjoyed them quite a bit. The new one, Star Wars Rebels was actually quite enjoyable and shows how things unfolded after the Clone Wars and shows the rise of the Rebels. Worth a watch.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    What's with the guy dressed as a storm trooper who seems to always be popping up in the trailers breathing heavily?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
    Or close the wall up with our English dead.
    In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
    As modest stillness and humility:
    But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger;
    Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
    Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;

Yet again we must resolve ourselves to long lines
    For on opening day we few, we precious few,
    Who had the glory of being there, on the first weekend
    of the first show;
    With reflections of youth on a far fairer day,
    Shall sally forth to yet again be transported
    To a different time, a different place,

To a long, long time ago,
    In a galaxy far, far away...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It's an action movie franchise and they are or will be in their 60's and 70's... they have to go sometime... but I agree, not yet... maybe one in ep. 8 in 2017 and the rest in 9 in 2019... the new younger heroes + Chewie (who has a 400 year lifespan and can be played by anyone) continue in ep. 10 in 2020 through ep 20 in 2050.

Good for you that the previous canon story where Chewie dies in the books is no longer in place.

Yep, I read this somewhere recently. Makes me kind of sad as I really like the Legacy of the Force and the Fate of the Jedi book series, as well as the stuff placed well before (Knights of the Old Republic, etc eras) but I see why they are doing it in some ways, kind of like Star Trek using the time travel aspects to reboot.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Rebels is kinda "kid-ish," but The Clone Wars is downright violent, and sometimes disturbing. They say it was geared towards kids, and for the first season, it kinda was, but going forward, it got MUCH darker. Civil wars, genocides, murders, massacres, assassinations. I seemed geared towards a more mature crowd.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What's with the guy dressed as a storm trooper who seems to always be popping up in the trailers breathing heavily?

Word on the street, is that he is a former trooper that has the force awaken within him. He deserts, and the bad guys are chasing him down.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Han will probably buy the farm in the 2nd (traditionally, darker) film. Leia, I have no idea. Chewy probably will be killed off too, at some point. Luke is the safest of all the characters, and since it is he who re-establishes the Jedi Academy, he should last past this trilogy, and take on a recurring mentor position.

But still, WHERE is the original owner of the Millennium Falcon????

The *original* owner, or the *previous* owner? The Falcon has a storied past - or, at least, it *used* to.

I'd love to see Billy Dee Williams make at least a cameo. They could even pay homage to the now-shredded EU material, where Lando turns into an elder statesman of sorts.

(Yeah, if you couldn't tell, I'm not at all happy about 30 years of EU canon books getting scrapped just so Mickey Mouse can rewrite the story.)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Um....

I have one thing to say.

Screw all y'all

star_trek_logo_20090511_750w.jpg

Top Bottom