• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilliJac

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2014
    The Fort
    I have decided to see it but not be excited about it. I swear, if Jar Jar Binks has so much as a cameo I will walk out of the theater.

But that was a cool trailer.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    As a huge Star Wars dork I can not wait for this movie, I think it is going to be fantastic. I do hope they do not kill off Han, Luke, Leia and Chewie. Last I heard they were only signed on for the first film.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    As a huge Star Wars dork I can not wait for this movie, I think it is going to be fantastic. I do hope they do not kill off Han, Luke, Leia and Chewie. Last I heard they were only signed on for the first film.

It's an action movie franchise and they are or will be in their 60's and 70's... they have to go sometime... but I agree, not yet... maybe one in ep. 8 in 2017 and the rest in 9 in 2019... the new younger heroes + Chewie (who has a 400 year lifespan and can be played by anyone) continue in ep. 10 in 2020 through ep 20 in 2050.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    It's an action movie franchise and they are or will be in their 60's and 70's... they have to go sometime... but I agree, not yet... maybe one in ep. 8 in 2017 and the rest in 9 in 2019... the new younger heroes + Chewie (who has a 400 year lifespan and can be played by anyone) continue in ep. 10 in 2020 through ep 20 in 2050.

Yea, I know they need to pass the torch sometime, I would just like to see them for more than one film. Then, they can fly off into the sunset in the Falcon. Everyone on the Star Wars boards has their own theory but no one really knows but Abrams.

From most things I read, many of Peter Mayhews shots were done with him sitting down as much as possible. He really does not walk much anymore.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Yea, I know they need to pass the torch sometime, I would just like to see them for more than one film. Then, they can fly off into the sunset in the Falcon. Everyone on the Star Wars boards has their own theory but no one really knows but Abrams.

From most things I read, many of Peter Mayhews shots were done with him sitting down as much as possible. He really does not walk much anymore.

Chewie COULD be played by anyone. Mayhew could even do "voice" over if needed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Han will probably buy the farm in the 2nd (traditionally, darker) film. Leia, I have no idea. Chewy probably will be killed off too, at some point. Luke is the safest of all the characters, and since it is he who re-establishes the Jedi Academy, he should last past this trilogy, and take on a recurring mentor position.

But still, WHERE is the original owner of the Millennium Falcon????

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Han will probably buy the farm in the 2nd (traditionally, darker) film. Leia, I have no idea. Chewy probably will be killed off too, at some point. Luke is the safest of all the characters, and since it is he who re-establishes the Jedi Academy, he should last past this trilogy, and take on a recurring mentor position.

But still, WHERE is the original owner of the Millennium Falcon????

He's the new genetic master for the Stormtroopers... Yeah I know original trilogy Stormtroopers aren't Clonetroopers... but clearly there is some kind of inter-trooper war going on. New clones vs conscripts?

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Actually on the 4th watch I noticed the tie-fighter tearing up the flight deck is actually turned towards the door and firing backwards from a turret... so maybe not a rogue pilot but a hero escaping...

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My earliest childhood memory is watching Star Wars: A New Hope at the drive in on the west side of Indy (10th street? Rockville road?) from the (hatch)back of my mom's Datsun 280Z.

I got really excited when The Phantom Menace was released, only to find myself horribly Jar-Jarred. I trust the new director (JJ Abrams?) will not make the same mistake.

I'll go see the new one opening weekend, but I'm not waiting in line this time.

Last edited:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I'm really looking forward to seeing it too. Still remember going to see Star Wars (NOT episode 1). I was 13 and thought no other movie would come close to it.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I so want this to be good. I still enjoy watching the old ones on occasion.

Just finished episodes IV-VI for the umpteenth time myself!
    animated-smileys-starwars-004.gif

Top Bottom