• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    New York police and the city royalty have proven time and time again they will violate any constitutional right they want I order to do anything they want including operating in other states and even countries. I don't consider New York City as part of the u.s. anymore.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Interesting factoid:

“In 2002, the NYPD made approximately 97,000 stops,” the bill reads. “By 2010, the number of stops had increased to more than 601,000. Black and Latino New Yorkers face the brunt of this practice and consistently represent more than 80 percent of people stopped despite representing just over 50 percent of the city's population.”

Read more: NYPD unions blast bill they say will bar cops from using race, gender to go after suspects | Fox News

But I wonder whether the percentage of people charged with a crime is closer to the 80% or the 50% figure... Hmmm...

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    New York needs more stops for revenue so Duke Bloomberg can fund stealing their "Big Gulps".

Listen, trying to justify that "more of this or that ethnicity is getting arrested so the system must be faulty" is BS. It's more socioeconomic than ethnic, but certain groups are more likely, for a variety of reasons, to be lower on the money ladder. LETS ALL AVOID LOOKING AT THE PROBLEM AND IT WILL GO AWAY!

brownhornet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Mishawaka, IN
    Be careful...They may make you attend sensitivity training they did that baseball pitcher.

I have several friends in the NYPD and they used to make them take sensitivity training up in Harlem. I guess they were basically told they're going to be looked at as an enemy in the neighborhood and they should be okay with that. Hopefully most of them looked at it as a time to catch up on some sleep.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The same morons proposing this idiocy will be the first to cry when crime starts to increase. The fun part will be trying to point out that it was their flawed logic which prevents the PD from doing their job. They won't be able to make the connection.

fundy87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2013
    Southern Indy
    pc is becoming more dangerous by the minute, how are they supposed to find someone who can't be described due to someone else getting offended, ppl need to get over themselves, stop pretending its still the 60's

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    It seems that they've ( NY ) become so PC that they've lost what little sense they had .

If the officers can't effectively communicate an accurate description beyond a person's clothing how will they catch anybody from here on ?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Feh. They brought it on themselves with their stupid stop and frisk policies. Didn't they think that the public would eventually push back? They've been profiling and going after minorities for years now. And here's the result. Sucks to be them, but they're reaping what they've sown.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    All Points Bulletin:

Be on lookout for Unspecified sex, unidentified race, unidentified hair color, unidentified eye color, unidentified height, unidentified weight, wearing unidentified clothing suspect. Most likely armed and dangerous NRA member, probably a Christian and a Republican. Call 911 if seen.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    All Points Bulletin:

Be on lookout for Unspecified sex, unidentified race, unidentified hair color, unidentified eye color, unidentified height, unidentified weight, wearing unidentified clothing suspect. Most likely armed and dangerous NRA member, probably a Christian and a Republican. Call 911 if seen.

Funny that. An INGOer was upset because he was profiled for having an NRA hat on. Profiling is good for those not like me.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Funny that. An INGOer was upset because he was profiled for having an NRA hat on. Profiling is good for those not like me.

Profiling is one thing. Calling out a description for someone you are chasing is quite another. Including physical descriptors in an arrest warrant is mandatory if you want it listed nation wide. I guess maybe they could so some sort of local warrant, but how do you reasonable know the person is the wanted person if you can't compare physical description?

If this would actually ban getting on the radio and giving a physical description that includes sex and skin tone, that's retarded and goes well outside profiling.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    If this would actually ban getting on the radio and giving a physical description that includes sex and skin tone, that's retarded and goes well outside profiling.

I agree that would be retarded to put it mildly, but from the article it doesn't seem to do that. It says that the persons race/sex/etc. can't be used as the basis for initiating police contact outside of other reasons to suspect the person of criminal conduct. It seems to me to specifically allow putting descriptions in warrants, descriptions of suspects and such.

The bill defines profiling as "an act of a member of the force of the police department or other law enforcement officer that relies on actual or perceived race, [ethnicity, religion or] national origin, color, creed, age, alienage or citizenship status, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or housing status as the determinative factor in initiating law enforcement action against an individual, rather than an individual's behavior or other information or circumstances that links a person or persons [of a particular race, ethnicity, religion national origin] to suspected unlawful activity.”(bold mine)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Am I to understand that the NYPD, enforcers of the lunatic left, are whining that they cannot do things like stopping people for driving while black?

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    For a second I thought this was about actually making them wear physical blindfolds.

That would probably make us all safer.

Top Bottom