• Would you try to save this guy?

• Total voters

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Call me crazy, but doesn't the dash seem to be hiding the action? Most people filming the cops stand in plain sight. I just don't buy it.

As to standing up to tyranny...depends on the definition of tyranny. There is a point, but assuming this video is real (and I don't think it is) this guy is getting a few whacks for being a dumbass. I don't think that it's tyranny.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Call me crazy, but doesn't the dash seem to be hiding the action? Most people filming the cops stand in plain sight. I just don't buy it.

As to standing up to tyranny...depends on the definition of tyranny. There is a point, but assuming this video is real (and I don't think it is) this guy is getting a few whacks for being a dumbass. I don't think that it's tyranny.

You really are OK with the cops "giving someone a few whacks" because the cops think he's being a dumbass? really? Huh. I don't know what to say.

Let me ask you this though. What is your legal definition of being a "dumbass"? Or do you think we should just let the cops all come up with their own personal definition & let them decide for themselves who deserves a few whacks? :dunno: It only takes one whack to make someone dead if the whack is in the right spot.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Here is what we know from the report of the store owner and the guys friends:

the guy was out of control and wanted to fight his friends, his friends call the cop over to deal with their friend... Their friend is told to calm down and he tells the cop to **** off. He's in a public place, he's drunk, and the cop decides to arrest the guy. The guy goes to the ground and grabs onto the cops leg ignoring his commands to put his hands behind his back.

what we also apparently know: Seeing a cop smack a guy with a stick, makes it ok for you to pull a gun and shoot him if need be. Just so i get the rules correct, if you see a guy hit someone with a stick in a situation that you are not a part of, it is ok to shoot that person. Now if a guy grabs onto you in a situation that you are a part of then it is not ok to hit them with a stick. Looks like he should quit being a cop so he could shoot people.

Here is the only problem i have with this so far, the guy didn't go to jail. If someone has to be pulled from a car and hit with a stick then he needs to go to jail, you don't let that guy go as now he's just a guy you beat up.

Schwartzki

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I dont really like the fact that the office was off duty and not in any official uniform. I also think the force was excessive, but I dont think it was completely uncalled for.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    You really are OK with the cops "giving someone a few whacks" because the cops think he's being a dumbass? really? Huh. I don't know what to say.

You're not really getting the gist of what I said, but I don't really care. We've gotten away from the practice of handing out beatings to those who deserve them. Personally, I think it's made us weaker as a people.

My definition of a "dumbass" is someone who is unable to process their current predicament. If this cat got drunk, acted a fool to the extent that his buddy's couldn't handle him, then obviously there was a problem. If the story is true (and again, I don't think it is), then the guy was out of line and shouldn't be touching the police. If you grab a cops arm, leg, spit on them, lunge at them, or present a threat of any sort, then I'm sorry, they need to neutralize the situation. If some "dumbass" is too inebriated or foolish to recognize the danger of his behavior, then yes, I think a few whacks in order.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    You're not really getting the gist of what I said, but I don't really care. We've gotten away from the practice of handing out beatings to those who deserve them. Personally, I think it's made us weaker as a people.

My definition of a "dumbass" is someone who is unable to process their current predicament. If this cat got drunk, acted a fool to the extent that his buddy's couldn't handle him, then obviously there was a problem. If the story is true (and again, I don't think it is), then the guy was out of line and shouldn't be touching the police. If you grab a cops arm, leg, spit on them, lunge at them, or present a threat of any sort, then I'm sorry, they need to neutralize the situation. If some "dumbass" is too inebriated or foolish to recognize the danger of his behavior, then yes, I think a few whacks in order.
    While I agree that at times it seems "the stupid shall inherit the earth"...I wouldn't beat them just because they grab just my ankle. Would they get sprayed? Possibly if they don't let go.

If that was all that happened...I'd have tased him before I hit him with a baton. Perhaps he's not carrying that weapon.

Now if you're a threat to my health and well being...it's hard to say what may happen.

But spit on me? One of us will have a bad night...no matter what I do for a living. And before anyone accuses me of "getting even"...if you spit on me once...my reaction will only be so you cannot spit on me a second time.

Again...we're unable to see what all might be going on. So rendering a verdict is not possible...for me at least. Others will undoubtedly have their own opinion. :twocents:

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    While I agree that at times it seems "the stupid shall inherit the earth"...I wouldn't beat them just because they grab just my ankle.

But spit on me? One of us will have a bad night...no matter what I do for a living. And before anyone accuses me of "getting even"...if you spit on me once...my reaction will only be so you cannot spit on me a second time.

Again...we're unable to see what all might be going on. So rendering a verdict is not possible...for me at least. Others will undoubtedly have their own opinion. :twocents:

I don't mean to advocate random beatings based on stupidity, only a smack on occasion to those who feel the need to get out of line. That is to say, those who impose their own intellectual and behavioral inadequacies on others

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Since we all can SWAG what is happening, I will as well. It looks to me like the guy is refusing to comply with an order from a law enforcement officer. Whether it was to turn over or put his hands behind his back, I don't know. But with the perp having 2 running buddies standing around, I would be very hesitant to get on the ground and try to wrestle him into position to cuff him. Similarly I would hate to stand there 5 or 10 minutes waiting for back up because you don't know what might occur. He felt he needed to get control of the situation right away.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    After playing Grand Theft Auto Vice City for a little bit, I have to change my prior assessment of how I would handle seeing this.

I would jump in my car, run them all down, grab their wallets and weapons, and get on top of a nearby building. From there I would fight off the police for a while, killing hundreds, and end it by jumping back in my car, barreling through traffic, and getting a new paint job, thereby giving them all the slip.

Damned violent video games!

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    The spray would have been a good idea, but hitting him more than once with the stick with the guy already on the ground seems a little much to me. But you cant see everything that went on before so who knows!

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    The spray would have been a good idea, but hitting him more than once with the stick with the guy already on the ground seems a little much to me. But you cant see everything that went on before so who knows!
    what happened before should have nothing to do with it. contempt of cop is no excuse for assault with a deadly weapon. if the victim (drunk) was in fact attacking then self defense is fine.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    but dont listen to me. I use to pick fights with MP's just to stay amused. They never won and they had guns ;):D

You too! :D My top two priorities when on a 24 to 72 hr pass were always. #1 Get laid repeatedly! #2 Open a can of whoop a$$ on a few MP's just because I could!
    What do you get when you send four MP's to get one drunk Ranger out of a bar? Four less beds available in the infirmary while the Ranger looks for one more piece of tail ! :rockwoot:

I agree if it was a family member or friend, who had not physically proved the attack, Game On b*tch! As far as getting shot? Wouldn't be the first time and the SOB better make sure his one is a kill shot! My return shot sure as h*ll will be.
    Make no mistake some of are hard ass*s and do not believe that any person is allowed to treat us like less than human trash. The badge and uniform do not guaranty respect or obedience! Respect must earned just like for everyone, obedience only applies within the confines of law. I am not required by law to kiss anyones a$$! I do have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness without the fear of tyranny!
    I have yet to see any law stating that police officers are authorized to perform criminal acts in the line of duty! Assault and battery is criminal act when not in defense of ones self or another!
    That video is a prime example of the I AM THE LAW mentality a lot of police officers have. Any police officer that feels justified in persecuting and brutalizing a person for the exercise of their first amendment right of free speech soils the reputation of every good cop out there.

Quit with the double standards people, you as a citizen do not have right to beat down anyone else for telling you to shut up! Cops do not have the authority to deny,restrict or violate your rights! I don't go looking for trouble but I don't run and hide from it either. Remember this, As you sow so shall you reap![/quote]

Leave it to a fellow Ranger to hit the nail on the head!! Nice job!!! :patriot:

oh the tail we use to get :cool:, those were the days :D

As we cannot see everything in the video, a lot of talk here is speculation people. if the guy was grabbing the cops ankles, then just mace or taze him. a potentially deadly beating is not justified in my opinion. I have personaly witnessed a cop Unnecessarily beating the crap out of a guy downtown indy. the guy was also being tazed. It was wrong in my opinion. I wasnt at this one, and do not see everything, but we can still discuss this hypothetically. If some of you think that the rest of us go out looking to fight cops in our private lives you are VERY wrong. it would be a day that would forever change your life if it happened, and a decision If ever FORCED to do it, wouldnt be made lightly.

Last edited:

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    You too! :D My top two priorities when on a 24 to 72 hr pass were always. #1 Get laid repeatedly! #2 Open a can of whoop a$$ on a few MP's just because I could!
    What do you get when you send four MP's to get one drunk Ranger out of a bar? Four less beds available in the infirmary while the Ranger looks for one more piece of tail ! :rockwoot:

As a former MP I'll have to say you are full of :poop:.

#1) I'd like to see you take on 4 MPs at one time (You have been watching way too many Walker Texas Ranger Videos)

#2) I'm pretty sure some UCMJ action would take place... just saying.

On a lighter note, I will agree with YOUR number 1 priority.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom