vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Platke is the store owner

"The guy was plainly drunk," Platke said. "Inebriated." He said the man's friends got him outside but he continued to cause problems, struggling with his friends. That's when Ries intervened, according to Platke.
    "The officer grabbed him and tried to get him to come out of the car. The guy fell onto his chest and locked his arms around this officer's ankles and would not let go," Platke said. Ries "was there with his feet locked together, screaming at this guy to let go. He used his baton to try to hit him to get him to let go. He finally had to use (pepper spray) and the guy finally let go."

His friends were the ones that called the cop over to deal with their stupid drunk pal. I have a friend that whenever he gets drunk wants to fight everybody (including and especially his friends). This guy's pals bailed from the car and went and got this cop, which is why they weren't intervening. Thank god some of you weren't buying a soda and decided to help out this poor sole by pointing your guns at the cop.

It'll be interesting to see how all of this plays out.

An officer friend of mine had subdued a suspect on meridan street outside of a bar. The man had a face covered in blood, and the officer was putting all the force of one hand on his head while trying to get his hands behind the mans back. A drunk female who was sure this officer just kicked the living **** out of this guy decided to intervene by yelling police brutality and grabbed the officers hand that was holding the mans head to the sidewalk. The suspect then started beating his face into the sidewalk as hard as he could breaking loose his front teeth, the officer lost his grip and the suspect got up and took off running towards the girl throwing her into oncoming traffic breaking her arm. Two other officers were able to grab the suspect on south street.

backtracking: The run came in as a man beating his face against a brick wall. When the officer arrived he recognized the suspect as a very violent mental patient who is obviously off of his medication and tends to attack random people when he is in that state. The goal was to subdue the person and get him to wishard for some help and medication. The foot chase was on, but he got tackled outside of tiki bobs where he began beating his face on the cement again which is why the officer was holding his head down....Now enter the uniformed idiot...

The end result was the female wanted the man arrested for battery and wanted to sue the officer for her medical bills.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Had he grabbed around my ankles and wouldn't let go (if that did in fact happen) I'd have no trouble articulating OC spraying him. The baton? Hard to say what is going on that is not visible. It would be impossible for me to come to a judgment by what is visible in the video.

What is not visible may make all the difference in the world. Statement by the store owner seem to support the use of some level of force...but without a clear, unobstructed view of the entire incident...it's impossible (for me at least) to draw an accurate conclusion.

I would however, have written a report to CYA.

For the record...I've been accused of doing all kinds of things that never happened. I've been to Federal Court being accused of civil rights violations and to IA a few times. My employment record remains unblemished. I have never been reprimanded or disciplined. You can take those last two statements for what they are worth to you. To me...my integrity and professionalism means everything.

Criminals have a tendency to lie.

To the eight people who voted to "draw down" on the police officer...please be aware of all the events that are occurring before deciding to do so. Failing to do so could have tragic and life altering results. :twocents:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    :): +1. I have lost all faith of anyone taking a principled stand against tyrannical law. It will creep up on us slowly. One checkpoint here, one banned item there. It is already happening.

While tyranny occasionally does happen suddenly, and it does most often creep up slowly as you write, I've studied cultures where this has happened in both ways, and even though there's a whole lot of things our government and its agents do that I disagree strongly with, we are very, very far from tyranny in the real sense. At worse we are headed to where The UK and Europe are now, and while I do not care at all for their level of governmental control, it's also not tyranny.

Yeah, we get incidents here of governmental control of dissidents, but to reach the level of entry to tyranny like seen in many cultures throughout history, we'd be seeing thousands of these incidents every day. In a country of 300+ million people with access to instant communications just about every incident is made public. Events like Ruby Ridge and Waco or Tiananmen Square (to borrow from the chinese) are fairly rare. If we were getting close to tyranny, these events would be happening daily, and we'd not be seeing them on youtube, we'd be seeing them through furtive, undergound means.

Me, the word tyranny, and traitor, have very specific, very strong meanings, and I won't use them lightly.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    This video is crazy. No matter what that kid said, it wasn't justified to beat him senseless with a baton and then make him suck down some pepper spray. A non-cop would never get away with a crazy assault like that over any exchange of words. Seriously, unbelievable. America is a scary place these days. :n00b:

Good lord I agree wholeheartedly with rambone! You would think earthquakes, floods and birds falling dead from the sky would be happening.....

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    so, some of you, the more you hear, the more justified it seems.

the more i hear, the worse it is. the latest theory now is that his freinds drove there and found the officer to handle this man b/c hes an "angry drunk" so the officer, who was not even on duty as an officer at the time, dragged him out of the car and beat his ass.

if they went there seeking out an officer, he was not it. he was at the time a guard for the gas station, and if this is the theory we are going with, this does not involve the gas station.
    however, even from the "news" i'm hearing more than one angle.

why couldnt his friends just handle it themselves if thats all it was and it was three to one?

by the way. the way i voted, more or less was, i would have helped out if i was a friend, been a good witness if i were just a bystander. maybe HUGE maybe would have done something if i had seen absolutely everything. like the other story mentioned above, if someone walks in half way through, they can get a very misconstrued idea of what is actually going on.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Really. We are still judging the encounter from a video that does not even show what the suspect was doing when the Officer was attempting to subdue him?

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    If you turn the volume up you can barely hear the word "feet" after the officer shuts the car door. You sure as hell can hear the beat of the baton on the guy but I didn't hear any "screaming at this guy to let go". Lie # 1 right there.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Really. We are still judging the encounter from a video that does not even show what the suspect was doing when the Officer was attempting to subdue him?

The guy was on the ground. The worst he could have been doing is clinging to his ankles and maybe biting them.

Did the cop look like he was trying to break free from someone? No. He rather calmly took out his baton, extended it, and started beating the crap out of the guy.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Me, the word tyranny, and traitor, have very specific, very strong meanings, and I won't use them lightly.

+1.

Tyranny, traitor, & don't forget the government's latest boogey-man word - "terrorist". Those words can be so easily used to justify actions on both sides that otherwise wouldn't be acceptable.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    "The guy fell onto his chest and locked his arms around this officer's ankles and would not let go," Platke said."

If this is what really happened, my departments "Use of Force Continuum" dictates Chemical Agents (OC/Mace) or a Taser is to be used, not a baton strike. Also known as a passive resistance response. Aggressive resistance (biting) does allow for use of a Baton, Chemical Agent, or Taser.

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    :): So are you only appalled at people who believe in self-defense, or are you also appalled at seeing police brutality in action? This is a pretty brutal assault I'm seeing. Hit the guy in the right spot and you could seriously injure or kill him. Would you watch your wife be beat to a pulp over having a big mouth?

Can you say for sure that he's getting hit for having a big mouth? Do you have another angle where you can see the poor guy just laying there in the fetal position being beaten? Or are you picturing the part that you can't see to justify action?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Can you say for sure that he's getting hit for having a big mouth? Do you have another angle where you can see the poor guy just laying there in the fetal position being beaten? Or are you picturing the part that you can't see to justify action?
    He's speculating. Just like everyone else...no matter what their take on it is...it's mere speculation.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Nobody tells a security guard to shut up and gets away with it. *Stomp*Stomp*Stomp*

antdog/zook

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    so his friends went there to get help from a cop for a drunk friend? what a bunch of pansies! 1 dude lights a cig, as he notices its being recorded. guy at back of car cant watch so-called friend get hit anymore as he shakes his head. other guy keeps walking around...what a bunch of friends! all of this happened because 3 guys needed help with a obnoxious drunk buddy? take him home, and call it good!

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    does cursing or "having a big mouth" justify a beating ????

How is it against a law to "have a big mouth"

I always thought is was, no hit or spit !! Ill say what ever the **** i want , just dont hit or spit !!
    lets see...... what was that first amendment??

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom