• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Do I wish they were made in USA? sure. but since nobody makes anything that compares (IMO) then I'll buy a croatian pistol.

I JUST NEED IT IN .45!!!!! Come on, SA, what are you holding out on me for?

I think this 3.8 is an answer to a nonexistant problem. Check out xdtalk.com or any of the other boards. Never once have I seen anyone post "Gee I like the XDM, but they need to make the barrel .7" shorter." The threads "XDM45-When will we see it?" and the like are too many to count.
    That and a sub compact XDm. The pic that went around of a XDmsc caused quite a stir, and several people sent it to SA. See what happens at SHOT show.

mavisky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Greater Atlanta Area
    id like to see an xd45sc before anything else.

Really need that 1" shorter barrel? I love my XD compact and will now happily post another picture of this beauty. SC grip with service slide. :rockwoot::rockwoot:

DSC00154.JPG

stmoore

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Indy
    Have one on the way. . .

I've owned a _lot_ of guns, but never an XD. Went to the range and shot an XD 45 and was quite impressed. Thought I'd give it a go.

I will let you guys know how I like it.

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I like mine. I have had it since 12/19/2009. 200 rounds and Shoots great. Picture has the 3.8 with the 4.5 under it.
    DSC00994.jpg

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I like mine. I have had it since 12/19/2009. 200 rounds and Shoots great. Picture has the 3.8 with the 4.5 under it.
    DSC00994.jpg

I am with other posters...what is the point here? :dunno:
    This picture, to me, demonstrates that is is just NOT any more concealable..

(this isn't a slam on XD, just not understanding their thought process here...)

kilo11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Avon,IN
    Springfield said that they made this gun to answer the requests of customers. News flash! the majority of customers don't want a short barrel slide with a huge cometition/duty size grip! There is almost nothing that this gun does great. Sure you could shoot competition with it, but you miss out on the advantages of a longer barrel and slide. You could carry on duty, but again, just the fact that you would lose bullet velocity would make it less than ideal. You could carry it, but then the grip is likely to print and be hard to conceal. Home defense, you say, well again the loss of velocity would be too much for me to consider it as a home defense gun. There is too much of a possibility that my hollowpoints won't open.

So what the heck was Springfield thinking,:dunno: this gun does everything good, but nothing GREAT!

stmoore

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Indy
    Maybe just to **** everyone off?!

While we might not think of it, they had to have a reason for creating this gun.
    If I owned another XD, I might not have made the purchase.

Maybe they made the gun with the goal of full on magazine interchangeability?

pointless gun in my opinion. why would they come out with this before a XDm .45???

Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    I ran a buddys XD S/C 9mm through a course that the range and was pleasantly surprised moving shooting reloading .. even using some S(*t ammo and no probs at all. It ran like a champ and kept going, Maybe something to look into getting this upcoming year... Although mine would have to .40:rockwoot:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I ran a buddys XD S/C 9mm through a course that the range and was pleasantly surprised moving shooting reloading .. even using some S(*t ammo and no probs at all. It ran like a champ and kept going, Maybe something to look into getting this upcoming year... Although mine would have to .40:rockwoot:
    Yeah the XD40SC is a good gun. It's not the same as the XDM 3.8 though.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Curious to see who has it and why they like it. Cause Bob said today that they are flying off the shelves. My uncle said he was getting one because he has huge hands and like the full grip. J/W

caseyc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Why shorten the barrel for less accuracy while keeping the grip full size? Doesn't seem to do much for concealment

But, it does look good.[/quote]

thats what i was thinking.

Top Bottom