• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Fighting over the NRA. Sounds familiar, eh?

Some are "too smart" for their own good, and maybe ours?

People shouldn't fight over the NRA. It's a legitimate point of view to support the NRA, and it's a legitimate point of view to be critical of the questionable behavior of its leadership. While its important not to relinquish members' responsibility to hold its leadership accountable, it's also not helpful to throw the baby out with the bathwater. So I think it would be best for both sides to have level heads about those disagreements, and continue to agree on what is most important in the moment.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It was my first thought that the people showing up with bandannas over their faces were Antifa people. I think if you’re covering your face, there is a stronger likelihood you’re up to no good.

With the Capitol Police driving 100+ miles away to harass people for walking, there is damn good reason to keep your face covered. If Northam rams through his red flag bill, everyone photographed at this rally has a good chance of getting identified via facial recognition and red flagged for "documented attendance in a violent neo-nazi demonstration".

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    People shouldn't fight over the NRA. It's a legitimate point of view to support the NRA, and it's a legitimate point of view to be critical of the questionable behavior of its leadership. While its important not to relinquish members' responsibility to hold its leadership accountable, it's also not helpful to throw the baby out with the bathwater. So I think it would be best for both sides to have level heads about those disagreements, and continue to agree on what is most important in the moment.

There were also a couple of self-described libertarians arguing about which were the "purest" libertarians. Need to put that kind of stuff aside today along with the NRA/anti-NRA stuff. Need to present a united front, no matter what your views of your fellow 2A supporters is today.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Group of white males full kit with helmets wearing yellow tape around the right arm number was about 20-30 from what I can see. They appear to be scanning and look like the biggest threat so far they are obviously organized.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There were also a couple of self-described libertarians arguing about which were the "purest" libertarians. Need to put that kind of stuff aside today along with the NRA/anti-NRA stuff. Need to present a united front, no matter what your views of your fellow 2A supporters is today.

That's the problem, you have a lot of people in their own bubbles living out their "3%'er" fantasies. And, you know, they have a right to speak their thing too. But it's not helpful. This should just be a rally of consensus. And all parties should be about the common goal today. Of course we all say that as we're sitting, watching others being there.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Probably shouldn't go around calling everyone who disagrees with you as "sheeple". However true it may be, it's a sure eye-roller for the general public and guaranteed they won't take anything else you have to say seriously.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Guy on the Breitbart feed was just pointing out that there drones flying above in the no fly zone? :dunno:

I may have to put the Breitbart feed in my rotation. As much as I hate to give them any clicks, the feed sounds like they're getting around the crowd and have some good content.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Facebook live feed just minimizes on my phone. Surf INGO and watch/listen.

Efv6pF2.png

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Okay, there's something to see that goes against the narrative. Young patriots, rather than mostly boomers. A couple of guys holding up a US flag. One young white man and one young black man. That certainly is counter-narrative.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I may have to put the Breitbart feed in my rotation. As much as I hate to give them any clicks, the feed sounds like they're getting around the crowd and have some good content.

Their video was the smoothest for me, so that's what I'm watching. I can feel my computer getting kinda "twitchy" now already. Probably going to need to dump cache soon.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Important! All of us who may someday be at a 2A Rally (or anywhere else) and may be interviewed: have your elevator speech ready.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "[Second Amendment] is the only right I care about. And the first." :scratch: Huh? Seriously? You don't give a **** about unreasonable searches and seizures? Don't give a **** about due process or double jeopardy; self incrimination? They're all a necessary and important part of a free society. I think it's fine to say, today is the day to stand up for the 2nd amendment, and that in so doing you're standing up for all rights.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I don't care for giving Facebook my clicks either.

I'm hoping someone comes up with a better feed, but Breitbart seems more like a professional with a microphone.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    You people all suck I gotta go do work now for money so my taxes can support you loafers!

I will check back in if I don’t get frozen.

Top Bottom