• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    There is no relevance, it's just a hypothetical. If you choose 4 .38's then maybe that means your not as confident in .22 as a defense round because I give you 10 of those, but yet you don't feel like you could get the job done in 1 round of .45... you have chosen 4 .38's which seems like a good compromise between size and capacity.

I'm not implying you're not a good shot and I'm certainly not trying to offend anyone but that is my conclusion that I have drawn from your post.

So far, many respondents have chosen 10 rounds of .22. There is obviously some inherent feeling of safety when you have a larger capacity of rounds. But at what point does capacity become moot and caliber size take over? I would venture a guess that the size of the mag has something to do with it.

Again, I'm just trying to look at this from a different point of view...

AJB
    Those are very good observations and a very interesting question. Thought provoking to say the least.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I'm going with the one round of .45 and a 1911 , cause everybody knows that a .45 is a one shot BG killer . :rolleyes:

Just in case the BG isn't dead , a 1911 is a big enough hunk of steel to beat him with . :D

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ok, I'm coming at this from the perspective that I was jumped by one BG and dispatched him in the ensuing gun fight. Now, I just was confronted with a second BG and the choices I have in the original post are what ammo and type I have left to continue the fight.

For me, I'll go with the 3 rounds of 9mm but 4 rounds of .38 would be a pretty close second. As much as I love my 45, I'd feel pretty naked with only one shot left in it.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My choice

:ar15:I'd either like One round of .45 because thats the man stopper, or person stopper to be PC. Or 10 rnds of 22lr out of Ruger pistol because 10 rounds of .22 would be an awful lot for the surgeon to remove. Plus you'd be making a lot of noise!

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    1 round of .45. If the dead guy with a hole in his chest doesn't slow down any other attackers. You can beat the tar out of the rest with an empty 1911. :D

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    :+1:Well said. Put me in for the 38 option

First, WTH happens at 50 posts...? Do I win a prize? I hope its money...

Oh wait, I gain access to the coveted classifieds. That's even better than money. (Am I using a tone here? I hope I'm not implying a tone...)

Second, for those who didn't crap on the thread, it seems that, in THIS situation, you would be more apt to choose more rounds of a smaller caliber than less rounds of a larger caliber.

What does that mean...? :dunno:

This situation will probably never become a reality to those of us who carry because we all load up our mags to capacity. Some of us carry spare mags, etc. So the guys/gals with 8+ rounds of .45 are comfortable with that number while those of us (me included) who carry 15+ rounds of 9mm would prefer to do that.

I guess I was just tired of reading the same old debate about stopping power vs # of rounds vs shot placement and thought I would try to approach it from a different angle. That's all.

*And by-the-bye, this is the second thread I've read that's been jacked because of this classifieds BS. I've been a member since around May. I have 35 posts. Am I going to be harassed every time I leave a comment or start a thread? There is obviously animosity towards this 50 post rule because everyone brings it up when noobs like me try to participate in the forum.

Is my post redundant? Has this horse been beaten enough? Yes but I hate to break it to you, this won't be the last time this topic is discussed. That's because this is a FORUM (an online discussion site). So flame away fellow INGO forum members.

I'm so glad that this forum exists. It has opened up my world to firearms and personal defense. I can guarantee that if I had not stumbled upon this site several months ago, I would not have my permit today, and would be one of the sheep.

But from one INGO member to another(s) lighten up...

AJB :ingo:

*No, this is NOT directed at any member
    **Yes, I will look into creating polls...good call

RD3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Do I get to carry a gun with them or just the ammo. If no gun then I would go for the 10 rounds of .22lr. more to throw at the bad guy

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm sorry, but I laughed inside. One round of .45 may not do you any good. What if you do not hit a vital target, etc. Even if you have ten rounds of .22, there is no guarantee that will stop a threat. Or what if there are multiple threats? I could come up with a million different situations.

lewisjt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.1%
    113   1   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Hancock Co.
    10 rds of .22. I think the boom alone will send most BG's running. Well placed shots can take out the threat, and leave you with ammo to face future threats as well.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I'll take 10 .22s. The difference in recoil and quantity makes me want the .22s. I can shoot 10 .22s a lot more accurately then the .38s. Plus I'm not very accurate with revolvers. :D

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    If I can only have 1 of the options presented to me for all possible scenarios I'm torn between the following.

P22 with a full mag of 10 rounds (my choice of those presented for EDC)
    Ruger 10/22 with 10 rounds for SHTF (for use as a battle club after empty)

Thought provoking thread. Nice to see something different even if it isn't all TACTICOOL and PRACTICAL thinking. That gets boring.

indianamoon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    South Bend
    10 rds of 22. The bad guy doesn't know what you're shootin and the more noise the better. Anyway in a crisis situation, I doubt that most of us could get the job done with just one or two. Probably take us five or six to get on target. Just my $.02

Top Bottom