• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Is the tsd slide just a regular glock slide that has been milled? Why did you go with the rmo6? Does that one have the rear sight notch built in?

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Is the tsd slide just a regular glock slide that has been milled?

No, it is an aftermarket product. Not sure what type or grade of steel it is made from, but it is Melonited and black-finished similar to a factory slide.

Why did you go with the rmo6?

I knew I wanted one of the LED versions with manual brightness adjustment. My co-worker (who also got an RMR) talked me into going with the RM06 (3.5 MOA dot) rather than the RM07 (6.5 MOA dot), and now that I've got it on the gun, I'm glad he did. If I want the appearance of a larger dot, I can just crank the brightness up. The 6.5 MOA dot would be a little large for more precise or long-distance work, IMO.

Does that one have the rear sight notch built in?

No; the slide has a traditional rear sight dovetail behind the RMR. The slide is fitted with Ameriglo's "suppressor sights" which are taller than standard in order to be visible within the RMR's window.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yeah yeah technical details. BORING!

How does it run? Pics? Vids? You, Jeremy, Dave, and Kenny all posed Charlie's angel's style?

Ok, maybe not Kenny. Kenny can be Bosley

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    No, it is an aftermarket product. Not sure what type or grade of steel it is made from, but it is Melonited and black-finished similar to a factory slide.

I knew I wanted one of the LED versions with manual brightness adjustment. My co-worker (who also got an RMR) talked me into going with the RM06 (3.5 MOA dot) rather than the RM07 (6.5 MOA dot), and now that I've got it on the gun, I'm glad he did. If I want the appearance of a larger dot, I can just crank the brightness up. The 6.5 MOA dot would be a little large for more precise or long-distance work, IMO.

No; the slide has a traditional rear sight dovetail behind the RMR. The slide is fitted with Ameriglo's "suppressor sights" which are taller than standard in order to be visible within the RMR's window.

you are talking about the RMR correct? I remember reading somewhere that the RMR, or maybe that RMR, has a built in rear sight notch to be able to mount the rmr as far back as possible and all you needed was a front sight.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    you are talking about the RMR correct? I remember reading somewhere that the RMR, or maybe that RMR, has a built in rear sight notch to be able to mount the rmr as far back as possible and all you needed was a front sight.
    That was either a jpoint or early Doctor. Not that great if a way to go. You want the real sights.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Put about 100 rounds through the RMR'ed G17 this morning. Iron sights were right on, and the RMR zeroed easily and maintained it. Function of both the sight and the upper itself was 100%.

Initial impressions are that this thing is going to take some getting used to. The dot is cool and all, but the handgun is a MUCH less stable platform than a long gun, and the RMR shows you EVERYTHING you're doing wrong. :D Good grip, recoil control and especially trigger control are essential to realizing a speed and accuracy advantage vs. iron sights. I find the less-than-perfect optical clarity of the RMR window (i.e. "fisheye" effect) to be an annoyance, but I expect I'll learn to deal with it in time.

A co-worker is getting the same RMR on an S&W M&P CORE, and we plan to do a side-by-side shooting review soon. More news as events and round count warrant. :)

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Initial impressions are that this thing is going to take some getting used to. The dot is cool and all, but the handgun is a MUCH less stable platform than a long gun, and the RMR shows you EVERYTHING you're doing wrong. :D Good grip, recoil control and especially trigger control are essential to realizing a speed and accuracy advantage vs. iron sights. I find the less-than-perfect optical clarity of the RMR window (i.e. "fisheye" effect) to be an annoyance, but I expect I'll learn to deal with it in time.

So based on that, do you think having a RMR on your pistol will make you a better shooter with iron sights?

What's this "fisheye effect" thing? I don't remember reading anything about the RMR window clarity.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    @ Dontcha,

The idea isn't to run around playing James Bond taking out guards in order to infiltrate the hideout of a super villain.

The idea is to have a home defense gun that can be put on target fast and make solid accurate hits while being fired indoors with no ear protection. And I would assume Shooter521 would be using full power JHPs for HD. While they will not be as quite as possible, the can will take the edge off of them.

Also it just plain looks cool.

Nice rig Shooter! Looks pretty sweet.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    do you think having a RMR on your pistol will make you a better shooter with iron sights?

Improving my grip, trigger control and recoil control to get better results with the dot will make me a better shooter PERIOD.

What's this "fisheye effect" thing?

It's almost as if the RMR has a tiny bit of magnification (like a 1.1x rather than a true 1x). When I look through it, there's a little bit of image distortion vs. the naked eye. Just enough to be distracting.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I don't know how I missed this!

I'm jealous - but I'm generally always in the "I want the latest toy" thread.

I'd be happy just to plink some steel with one!

So, VUPDblue - when are you getting yours? heh

-J-

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Improving my grip, trigger control and recoil control to get better results with the dot will make me a better shooter PERIOD.

It's almost as if the RMR has a tiny bit of magnification (like a 1.1x rather than a true 1x). When I look through it, there's a little bit of image distortion vs. the naked eye. Just enough to be distracting.

Ok. I'm getting one. Already made up my mind.

Top Bottom