• ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Hey, INGO!

So I recently acquired a Trijicon RMR via a sales promotion at work. This week I ordered up a pre-cut slide from TSD Combat Systems, threw in the Lone Wolf threaded barrel I'd been using for awhile, and BOOM - instant mid-life upgrade for my old (ish) G17. :)

RMR_glock_side_zps943dc9b5.jpg

RMR_glock_detail_zps3eaf4ad2.jpg

RMR_glock_front_zps560ce439.jpg

I like what I'm seeing so far; can't wait to get it to the range!

Oh, and I blame cedartop. :D

dontcha

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2013
    United States
    I've never understood the point of large cans on large centerfire handgun? If i have to bring a gymbag of gear to the 'show", why not just have a short barreled carbine, "can" and folding stock? Once deployed, it's about 10x as effective as any handgun. With a shoulder rig, and a 6" long, pocket 9mm, and a very specialized 5" long suppressor design, it is just barely possible to have a fast ccw draw with a canned pistol, that has a bit more power than a .22lr RIFLE (ie, 120 ft lbs for the rifle, 200 or so ft lbs for the 9) in the subsonic 9mm load. But you won't get any bullet expansion in flesh, unless it's an unjacketed, lhp made of unalloyed lead. Since you are probably still going to need head shots, to keep the "hittee" from screaming, shooting back, etc, I'd rather have a can on a compact, lw .22lr , which may be had in a package that is only 9" OAL, . Such a pistol may be ccw'd IWB, under a T shirt (and thus, deployed in 1.0 second flat, for the head shot, up close). Once 1-2 shots fail to end things, making noise won't matter, so I can then just return the canned .22 to the IWB rig and pull out my regular (noisy) centerfire pistol.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    @ Dontcha,

The idea isn't to run around playing James Bond taking out guards in order to infiltrate the hideout of a super villain.

The idea is to have a home defense gun that can be put on target fast and make solid accurate hits while being fired indoors with no ear protection. And I would assume Shooter521 would be using full power JHPs for HD. While they will not be as quite as possible, the can will take the edge off of them.

Also it just plain looks cool.

Nice rig Shooter! Looks pretty sweet.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    When someone breaks into my home. In-between me saying Hello and Good-By. I do not care if all my neighbors to know it.
    if it takes so many shots that i am worried about the effects on my ears. I will hire home security.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I've never understood the point of large cans on large centerfire handgun? If i have to bring a gymbag of gear to the 'show", why not just have a short barreled carbine, "can" and folding stock? Once deployed, it's about 10x as effective as any handgun. With a shoulder rig, and a 6" long, pocket 9mm, and a very specialized 5" long suppressor design, it is just barely possible to have a fast ccw draw with a canned pistol, that has a bit more power than a .22lr RIFLE (ie, 120 ft lbs for the rifle, 200 or so ft lbs for the 9) in the subsonic 9mm load. But you won't get any bullet expansion in flesh, unless it's an unjacketed, lhp made of unalloyed lead. Since you are probably still going to need head shots, to keep the "hittee" from screaming, shooting back, etc, I'd rather have a can on a compact, lw .22lr , which may be had in a package that is only 9" OAL, . Such a pistol may be ccw'd IWB, under a T shirt (and thus, deployed in 1.0 second flat, for the head shot, up close). Once 1-2 shots fail to end things, making noise
    won't matter, so I can then just return the canned .22 to the IWB rig and pull out my regular (noisy) centerfire pistol.

Ain't we just a mr. know-it-all....

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    When someone breaks into my home. In-between me saying Hello and Good-By. I do not care if all my neighbors to know it.
    if it takes so many shots that i am worried about the effects on my ears. I will hire home security.

Some people just can't appreciate nice things I guess.

Shooter521 obviously put a lot of time and money into this project, and was excited about his new rig and kind enough to share it with all of us who care to look.

Obviously I can't say what Shooter521 intentions will be for this pistol, If he intends to use it for home protection that is great, if it is just to be a fun range gun that is fine too. The point is the guy built it himself and was proud of it and wanted to share. Why dump on his thread?

Thanks again for sharing Shooter521 that is sweet buddy!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Shooter, what do you think of the quality of the TSD slide?

Looks like a nice setup. I'd like to have an RMR capable Glock. Now I just wonder how much Allen would charge to cut it for me. Sadly my money is going into house projects lately.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Looks good shooter. Don't blame me unless you like it.:) Once you get it zero'd make sure to use some clear nail polish or something similar to lock the screws down. At the very least mark them and keep an eye on them. That is the only issue I have had. Really want to get a can for mine. Jealous.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Wow, that looks like a handful of fun! I've been eyeing the RMR for a while and hope to add one to my G20 some day. I have not seen pre-cut slides for that Glock though. Nice work on that one. Is this going to be for HD or a range toy?

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I've never understood the point of large cans on large centerfire handgun? If i have to bring a gymbag of gear to the 'show", why not just have a short barreled carbine, "can" and folding stock? Once deployed, it's about 10x as effective as any handgun. With a shoulder rig, and a 6" long, pocket 9mm, and a very specialized 5" long suppressor design, it is just barely possible to have a fast ccw draw with a canned pistol, that has a bit more power than a .22lr RIFLE (ie, 120 ft lbs for the rifle, 200 or so ft lbs for the 9) in the subsonic 9mm load. But you won't get any bullet expansion in flesh, unless it's an unjacketed, lhp made of unalloyed lead. Since you are probably still going to need head shots, to keep the "hittee" from screaming, shooting back, etc, I'd rather have a can on a compact, lw .22lr , which may be had in a package that is only 9" OAL, . Such a pistol may be ccw'd IWB, under a T shirt (and thus, deployed in 1.0 second flat, for the head shot, up close). Once 1-2 shots fail to end things, making noise won't matter, so I can then just return the canned .22 to the IWB rig and pull out my regular (noisy) centerfire pistol.

:n00b:

Top Bottom