• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I saw this place mentioned a while back.. They're on US 52 just South of the cemetery, across from Eastway Plaza. Normally, I'm very happy to see this, as we can always use more stores.

That being said, I'm not going to give their name, because at this writing, I'm not willing to give them publicity, but rather notoriety. I was finally out and about and able to stop by to see what they had. I pulled up in front and saw the sign on their door:
    Unloaded weapons
    only beyond
    this point​
    I put the car in reverse and left.

I respect their right to run their business as they see fit. I respect their right to post whatever sign they want to post.
    I also retain the right myself to choose with whom I spend money.

My hope with this post is that the store in question will see that they lost business by this sign and that they will not gain friends in the pro-2A community by its presence.

I wish them luck. With the attitude that that sign portrays, I think they will need it.

Blessings,
    Bill

DaveL

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Lafayette
    Ahhh, true! And with the ad they're running with the young lady handling the not-so-small handgun (I'm pretty sure that is their ad), the sign does seem odd.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I saw that place when a friend and I were in Lafayette, partaking of the Applied Ballistics hospitality. We wheeled into the lot, saw the sign.... and nobody around.
    We didn't even get out of the car.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Not to defend the store but......

Isn't that usually for insurance reasons? I have seen those all the time, went in anyway and I am always told, "You know that doesn't apply to you right?"

I don't know the store you are talking about, this is just my experience.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond

Isn't that usually for insurance reasons? I have seen those all the time, went in anyway and I am always told, "You know that doesn't apply to you right?"

I am sure it is "insurance" reasons.... I have been in many shops where some clown pulls his loaded/chambered EDC weapon to check holster fit or just to show it off. I have seen many other idiots waving and aiming guns around.

I don't blame them.

Will I disarm or unload??? Hell No but the sign keeps their insurance happy..

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    I was going to say the same. I have been to 5 or 6 of the gun stores around the Indy area in the last week, every one of them had a sign on the door say no loaded firearms.

So why point the finger at this one store? What gun store do you typically buy from that does not have a similiar sign?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

Then why does Gander Mountain post a sign that says

"No Loaded weapons EXCEPT legal concealed or open carriers."

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Because plenty of people raised a stink all the way to corporate.

They have the lawyers to fight it. The small shops don't.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I was going to say the same. I have been to 5 or 6 of the gun stores around the Indy area in the last week, every one of them had a sign on the door say no loaded firearms.

So why point the finger at this one store? What gun store do you typically buy from that does not have a similiar sign?

Bullseye in Kokomo.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I believe just about every shop I have been too has the sign on the door in similar verbiage even Plainfield Shooting Supplies.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So they're across from Ace&Rico?

I thought that was on Earl?

BOR said 52. There's that mini-strip mall with the yummy Mexican bakery, dry cleaner and tile store on 52. Is something in there now?:dunno:

That's near my house as I am in Hedgewood but never over there during business hours.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I saw this place mentioned a while back.. They're on US 52 just South of the cemetery, across from Eastway Plaza. Normally, I'm very happy to see this, as we can always use more stores.

That being said, I'm not going to give their name, because at this writing, I'm not willing to give them publicity, but rather notoriety. I was finally out and about and able to stop by to see what they had. I pulled up in front and saw the sign on their door:

I respect their right to run their business as they see fit. I respect their right to post whatever sign they want to post.

My hope with this post is that the store in question will see that they lost business by this sign and that they will not gain friends in the pro-2A community by its presence.

I wish them luck. With the attitude that that sign portrays, I think they will need it.

Blessings,
    Bill

This up by where the old Action Motorsports locale was? Without naming them, what kind of store is it? What do they sell?

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville

Blessings,
    Bill
    so where do you buy your guns if you won't go into a gunstore that has that posted?? i don't believe i have ever seen a shop without a sign similar to that.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    so where do you buy your guns if you won't go into a gunstore that has that posted?? i don't believe i have ever seen a shop without a sign similar to that.

FourGuns. I open carry in there...loaded...no problems. Applied Ballistics, i open carry there, no problems Ramz's, I open carry there, no problems.

If I see this place.....I will walk up to the door, OCing....open it, and tell them that I guess they don't want my business. THEN I will walk off. :)

Top Bottom