• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter651

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Stopped in and picked up some ammo.... I agree his prices seem high, but it's a new shop. Hopefully once he gets some volume he'll be able to get his prices down and be more competitive..

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Stopped in and picked up some ammo.... I agree his prices seem high, but it's a new shop. Hopefully once he gets some volume he'll be able to get his prices down and be more competitive..

That doesn't work in any other industry, I wouldn't count on it here.

I guess he's hoping to sell to noobs a la Gander Mountain. Gun savvy people (like those here) know what prices they can expect at BGF/PSS/Bradis.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I stopped in Saturday and they had a half dozen people in there looking around. I worked my way through the place and it is different. Prices were certainly on the high side. There was one older guy who seemed knowledgeable. I'm assuming hes the owner. I twice heard he young guy who was there, say something to the effect of, "I don't know, you lave to ask Larry(?). He's the guy that knows about that."

I had high hopes as it's only 10 minutes or so away from the office.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    agreed

kind of a dumb name...not to be confused with beer arms, bear arms, or bare legs
    Uh, not to be like.. critical or anything.

But.. "Bare Arms"?
    tumblr_koizo9AQ7l1qzjombo1_400.jpg

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Went back by there today.

Noticed that almost every single tag affixed to the guns had the old price whited-out and a new (lower?) price in its place.

For example, his blue Kel-Tec PF-9 was now down under $300... ;) By comparison, the guy over on Pendleton Pike has the same gun at $229 last week.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia

This is somewhat how he is working. I thought his pricing was resonable for a brick and mortar shop. He is not competing with the internet at this moment. His service and willingness to satisfy the customer is worth something.

I personally know the owner and he has the utmost integrity - anyone find out differently and I will personally hold him accountable.

Give him a chance.

stryguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    Indiana
    I've noticed prices have changed but are still no where near internet pricing. Limited holster selection. I wonder why local shops don't care more accessories as most people won't 2nd guess spending $40 for a holster you can get for $30 online. Saving $100 bucks though.. I'll jump through the hoops of ordering online to save $100.

stryguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    Indiana
    The guy wants $50 for an FFL transfer (shotgun) if it's a gun he can order.. not stock, ORDER. So pretty much every gun.

If it's a gun he can't order then $30.

After visiting the shop again, looking over his inventory and seriously comparing prices I just don't know I have much reason to visit again. Had I drove any distance to check it out I would have been wanting my gas money back.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The guy wants $50 for an FFL transfer (shotgun) if it's a gun he can order.. not stock, ORDER. So pretty much every gun.

If it's a gun he can't order then $30.

After visiting the shop again, looking over his inventory and seriously comparing prices I just don't know I have much reason to visit again. Had I drove any distance to check it out I would have been wanting my gas money back.

I'd just tell him good luck with that. Great way to actually drive away business as its likely that someone who is doing an FFL transfer would either buy something from the shop when they do the transfer or at some point in the near future. There is no reason to pay anyone $50 on a regular FFL transfer.

Of course, if he can order it and provide out the door pricing better than the non local seller then good, but I doubt from what I have heard about this shop that he can/will.

stryguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    Indiana
    Right.. Charging different ffl rates based on if you can get the gun or not is not charging for the work rather it's charging a tax or tarrif.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Looking for some .40 Speer GDHP, I was up in Noblestucky and stopped in, nice location for me from Fishers. Ammo was priced too high for my tastes ($32-$37 a box of 20 rds of quality .40 defense ammo), so I might visit every now and then, but will pick up the GDHP at Braddis on my way home from work at about $7-$8 lower. Like gas prices these days, you have to shop around. They did have new AR-15/M-16 30 rd mags with green anti tilt followers for around $11 ea new. I wish them luck.

Top Bottom