• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    It's called Bare Arms, I believe it just opened this month. I didn't have much time to browse but they seemed to have a good handgun selection. there aren't many shops around here, hopefully he does good.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Reasonable prices? (I'm not looking for steals, just no $500 hi points, etc).

Unfortunately not what I would consider reasonable. I was really disappointed in that. I don't expect a LGS to have "Buds prices" but I do expect them to be reasonable. A PF-9 should not be marked at $350 when they go all day long at $259 to $279. Many more examples too.

The store itself is "different". Not setup like a traditional gun store. More open with counters all about. Kinda like a coffee shop atmosphere. The owner has snacks laid out. A sitting and reading area in the back. I give credit for trying something different. I might feel at home in a BGF/PSS/Bradis environment, but people new to guns might like this better.

It is just different. As far as accessories go, just a few brands. I only saw Fobus holsters. Only NCStar optics. Just a few brands of ammo. The cheapest 9mm was $16.99 for 50.

I sure hope he makes it. It could be a cool place to go and talk guns. I know while I was there a bunch of LEOs and FD people were stopping in. He should have no problems with break-ins between the cops keeping an eye and the fact that the shop is a former bank and everything of value is in the old vault.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Uh, not to be like.. critical or anything.

But.. "Bare Arms"?

tumblr_koizo9AQ7l1qzjombo1_400.jpg

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    I had a chance to stop in earlier today. Nice little shop. The gentleman working was very nice and friendly. He helped me with some insight on my new AR.

In regards to the prices, yes, I agree, they were a bit on the hefty side. Not sure if there is any wiggle room.

All in all, great that a new shop is very close for us folks on the northeast side.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I know what you mean, I am in Fishers with no place to go from home, I stop by on the way home from work to Bradis for firearm needs, Pops to browse and shoot, and KS&E about once a year, I shop on line, all day long!

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    I believe they are planning a grand opening event in the next week or two. Hopefully the shop can make it a go.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It would be great if they can make a go of it. Needless to say, it's getting rough out there. But, if his hardware prices are between Pop's and Don's folks are gonna drive to Bradis and Plainfield. How are the prices on supplies and ammo? Between WalMart and K,S&E we have some options for reasonably priced ammo in Castleton & Fishers.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I stop by today and it is a nice store, but like everybody says price are way up there. The one handgun I found that I been wanting its mark up about $350.00 more than the shop I usually buy from, I do wish them success as we need more businesses in Noblesville and I know small business owners have a difficult time right now.

Top Bottom