• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • random_eyes

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2009
    Picked up a Ruger LCR, some personal defense rounds, and a front pocket holster on Saturday. Loving it so far. Fired 15 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense 38 Special on Sunday. My aim is not as accurate as with my Springfield XD9 but hopefully that will improve with some practice.

random_eyes

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2009
    Recoil doesn't seem much different to me than a 9mm automatic, but the expensive ammo I'm using might be a factor.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Picked up a Ruger LCR, some personal defense rounds, and a front pocket holster on Saturday. Loving it so far. Fired 15 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense 38 Special on Sunday. My aim is not as accurate as with my Springfield XD9 but hopefully that will improve with some practice.
    How much did you pay? I saw one LCR there that was overpriced compared to what I paid at a local shop.

Also, what holster did you get?

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    I'm also interested in your comentary on this gun

I personally love my taurus 85ul homeland defender with crimson grips. light as a feather, carrys well, but a little harsh with 38+P SD ammo

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I've had an LCR since this summer and I absolutely love it!! The recoil is VERY mild for its mere 13.5 oz with the Hogue grips. The Hogue's are awesome feeling in the hand and really take the bite out of the recoil. I'd encourage anyone interested to get one in your hand. They're awesome!! I shoot it pretty well particularly for it being a snubbie.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    snubbies are good for about 10 yards and that's it, at least from my experience.
    I can shoot them pretty accurately at 15 and even 25 yards depending on the snubby, certainly accurately enough to hit a man sized target center of mass. But since most self defense shootings take place at 7 yards or less, this isn't really much of an issue given their purpose. :)

random_eyes

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2009
    I paid $450 including sales tax (420 before tax). Another vendor had one with Crimson grip for 640 before tax. I saw several others priced $30-$70 higher.

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    I've had mine for about 9 months, and absolutely love it! Put around 400 trouble-free rounds through it, mostly wadcutters, some fmj and a couple of cylinder's full of Speer 135 gr +P Short Barrel, my carry round. Carries great in a pocket holster. Did a retired qualification with my former department back in November, and they made me shoot it at the 25 yard line. Pattern opened up, but was able to keep all but 2 rounds in the silouette.

Just as a side note, I contacted Hogue Grips awhile back asking about smaller grips to aid in pocket carry. They couldn't give me details, but said one was coming, and would be available "in a couple of months" through the Ruger website. Not there yet......:rockwoot:

random_eyes

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2009
    I got the Crimson Trace laser grip. Loving the laser, but the grip itself seems like a downgrade from the stock grip.

MikeBear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Brazil, IN
    I got mine off of Gun Brokers last fall for $380.00, but after shipping and transfer, I had $415.00 in it. I carry it in a Bell Charter Oak, Hidden Asset IWB.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Got one of these today from Bradis, $415 +tax not shot it yet, looking forward to putting some rds thru the pipe. What is that little rattle i hear, tranfer bar? I heard it at the Gun shop, the guy the helped me was wearing on and it rattled as well, he said it was a non issue. Ruger has always served me well.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom