• ...and so much more!
  • JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I'd like to have the new grips for my GP100. It look great but it's still the same old revolver. And, I don't know why they put adjustable sights on short barrel revolver. Clint Eastwwod, John Wayne and Roy Rogers never used adjustable sights.

Actually, Smith Wesson has fantastic grips on their Classic series revolvers. They're slim profile super wood made by Altamonte .... I think. I'd like a set for other K frame revolvers.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    The Ruger Novak set up is fan-flipping-tastic. I was able to hold all 6 in a credit card at 25 yards with my Wiley Clapp with the same rears and the brass dot front. The only other gun I can manage that with is my early 2000s Springfield Loaded 1911.

Anyways...I want this. I wonder what the real retail price will be.

I love the sights on the Talo also. Will most likely buy another GP 100, i was curious as to the Match name. :dunno: MSRP is $899.00

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The gp100 looks great but I'm really interested in a stainless Redhawk 357 mag or 45 long colt with 6 inch barrel.

I like the .480, but would go nuts over a double action .45 LC heavy duty revolver that WASN'T a Smith (the smith version can't run hot .45LC and idiots want 100-200 over MSRP for them used).

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm happy to see that Ruger is bringing something new and game-changing for those that shoot IDPA and USPSA. Now if they'd just come out with a .45 ACP version of the GP100 it would be a perfect world.

this is a flat sexy beast and my wish list just got rearranged a bit after seeing this.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I'm happy to see that Ruger is bringing something new and game-changing for those that shoot IDPA and USPSA. Now if they'd just come out with a .45 ACP version of the GP100 it would be a perfect world.

this is a flat sexy beast and my wish list just got rearranged a bit after seeing this.

Ah ha! Explains the Match thing. All you ever hear about is the race guns.

Full Recovery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Central
    Does anyone know when these will be available? I've been looking for a 4" ss gp100 for a few months now locally with no luck. Now I'm sorta happy I haven't found one so far because this model just speaks to me.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I'm curious. If a pistol is designed or meant to be used in competition, does that mean it's not a good carry weapon for self defense?
    I would really like to carry that if it didn't cost as much as my truck x2. Ha ha

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm curious. If a pistol is designed or meant to be used in competition, does that mean it's not a good carry weapon for self defense?

Sometimes yes because of extremely light triggers, bulky sights and mag funnels, long slides, etc. In this case, no, it'd be fine as a carry gun.

Roll Tide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Connersville
    I don't have a revolver...and this looks really nice. Hmmmm. I love the Colt Trooper Mk V dad has. Super smooth and a great trigger. 357 mag too!

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    Does anyone know when these will be available? I've been looking for a 4" ss gp100 for a few months now locally with no luck. Now I'm sorta happy I haven't found one so far because this model just speaks to me.

You'll likely find one at the gun shows. Although, they are few and far between. Buds in Kentucky (on line) has them listed as available. I' guessing by the end of Q1 next year we should see the supply improving.

Poncho53

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Hammond
    I have a severe case of Ruger-itis for all stainless Ruger wheel guns. That being said, I'm disappointed that they would take the stout frame GP series and actually remove metal from the top strap to accommodate the novak sight they seem to love so much. I'm a member on the Ruger Forum but can't seem to locate the thread that shows one member who's Wiley Clapp GP100 with the same exact sight whose top strap actually blew apart at the sight grove and bent forward. I wish they would bring out a damn GP100 3"bbl in 44 Special.......

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I have a severe case of Ruger-itis for all stainless Ruger wheel guns. That being said, I'm disappointed that they would take the stout frame GP series and actually remove metal from the top strap to accommodate the novak sight they seem to love so much. I'm a member on the Ruger Forum but can't seem to locate the thread that shows one member who's Wiley Clapp GP100 with the same exact sight whose top strap actually blew apart at the sight grove and bent forward. I wish they would bring out a damn GP100 3"bbl in 44 Special.......
    thumb2_image-2745.jpg
    thumb2_image2-2747.jpg

WC GP not looking so good! - Ruger Forum

T755

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    I'd carry one and I'm a smith guy. Least this one the finish won't rub off like the Wiley Clapp

Ralphie Parker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2013
    Waterloo
    Wow. From posts on that forum said, He was using reloads he purchased. That's a big lesson in itself. They are also talking about it breaking where it should have to protect the user. What a waist of a beautiful gun though.

Poncho53

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Hammond
    The failure is essentially such a smooth, clean line that it makes me wonder if the amount of material removed wasn't also a contributing factor. I feel as though there was no saving the cylinder but a full thickness top strap would/should have been able to deform without seperating.

Top Bottom