• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    The failure is essentially such a smooth, clean line that it makes me wonder if the amount of material removed wasn't also a contributing factor. I feel as though there was no saving the cylinder but a full thickness top strap would/should have been able to deform without seperating.

Nope, obviously the cylinder blew up. Even deformed the gun would be useless after that.

625 blow up.
    attachment.php

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    I was just on Ruger's site and saw they've added a new version of the GP-100 to their product line called the GP-100 Match Champoin. The Match Champion fetchers a contoured cylinder, Novak rear sight and fiber optic front sight, Hogue hardwood grips and a slab-sided, half-lug barrel.

I really wish Ruger would have made it a 7-shot, but other that that I think it's one of the best looking GP-100s I've seen.

Ruger® GP100® Double-Action Revolver Model 1754

Was at gun shop last week and was asking about the new KPG. She looked one up for me and it looked like the pic. Priced at 835.00 OTD if she could get one.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I always liked the GP100 and didnt understand hy they quit making it the first time.

I think production demands for other products caused a manufacturing hiatus. From what I gather from the Ruger forums..... they are opening a new facility in Carolina's and the GP100 and the re-introduced Redhawk will share a production line. They separated the medium and large frame revolvers to increase production rate. Then we should see more on the local shelves around Q2 this year. I also hear they have a bunch of new products that is taxing engineering and manufacturing resources.

Wish I had bought their stock when Obama was elected. It was selling around 3 bucks a share. It's now 76.00 and change. Butt, interesting is their dividend. The yield is less than 3% which isn't very good for a company sold out for some time to come.

Smith Wesson is about the same. Their stock has went through the roof but the return on investment to the share holders is all Capitol Gains.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The yield is less than 3% which isn't very good for a company sold out for some time to come.

3% dividend for a company in a major capital expansion project sounds good in my book. I wish my US Gov I Bonds were paying 3%, heck I wish they were paying anything.

Last edited:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Saw one in person yesterday at PSS. Very nice looking gun. It was sold as soon as it got there. Three guys were looking at it but only had the money to pull the trigger.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Saw one in person yesterday at PSS. Very nice looking gun. It was sold as soon as it got there. Three guys were looking at it but only had the money to pull the trigger.

What'd it go for? I'm trying to get an idea of what street price is going to be.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Nope, obviously the cylinder blew up. Even deformed the gun would be useless after that.

625 blow up.
    attachment.php

99% of blowups usually result from hand-loads. If you didn't load it, don't use it.

^^THIS^^ before the recent days (last 10 or so) where the Glock 40's going KB all over the internet with their exaggerated problems by owners never doing anything wrong to get to that point there were scores of revolvers back in the day (K, L and N frame S&W as well as Colt) that had top straps and cylinders blown off the gun from improperly loaded handloads. I worked with one that bragged about how much a magnum he could make out of a 38 special and then he was "shocked" when his new Glock 21 blew up.

This is 99.9% the handloaders fault. The other .1% is maybe, MAYBE a factory round loaded improperly but they have their QC down pretty good.

With some of these "expert reloaders" I'd like to leave them in a room with an anvil and a sponge for 5 min. Bet the anvil is tore up and the sponge is intake, just sayin

Top Bottom