• ...and so much more!
  • pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I was just on Ruger's site and saw they've added a new version of the GP-100 to their product line called the GP-100 Match Champoin. The Match Champion fetchers a contoured cylinder, Novak rear sight and fiber optic front sight, Hogue hardwood grips and a slab-sided, half-lug barrel.

I really wish Ruger would have made it a 7-shot, but other that that I think it's one of the best looking GP-100s I've seen.

Ruger® GP100® Double-Action Revolver Model 1754

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Looks like they want to play against the Smith 686SSR... Wonder if they touched their trigger work at all... I got to shoot the Wiley Clapp GP once, figured, "hey, with all the cosmetics and such, they might have done something to the trigger", NOPE, standard Ruger overtravel gritty trigger. Yeah, one can smooth it out, but with what dealers want for a standard Gp100, I don't see where this might be price competitive to the 686SSR which has a much nicer stock trigger than the Ruger and can be smoothed even more.

That being said: I like the Bisley style stocks they have on that GP, getting tired of having to reach halfway across the gun to pull the trigger. :D

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I'm hearing folks talk about the trigger on the GP100. The trigger on a GP100 feels like pulling a brick across the yard. Typically it's about a 17 pounds pull. I have two of these revolvers and both have had the trigger rebound and hammer springs replaced and the action parts de-burred. Single action pull is now about 5 pounds. The double action pull is fantastic (9 &12 pounds). I would recommend having a trigger/hammer reworked on all GP100 revolvers.

The gp100 looks great but I'm really interested in a stainless Redhawk 357 mag or 45 long colt with 6 inch barrel.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Looks good, but why is it called a Match? Wouldn't a match revolver have adjustable sights? Just curious.

The Ruger Novak set up is fan-flipping-tastic. I was able to hold all 6 in a credit card at 25 yards with my Wiley Clapp with the same rears and the brass dot front. The only other gun I can manage that with is my early 2000s Springfield Loaded 1911.

Anyways...I want this. I wonder what the real retail price will be.

Top Bottom