• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the M38. An M38 was the first Mosin I bought and it's still one of my favorites to shoot. I used mine in the shooting competition down at Atterbury last fall and by the end of the night, my shoulder was begging for relief. But, what a blast to shoot. The kick on my M38 is much harder than the 91/30 and a bit harder than my M44.

WLW

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    The recoil on my 91/30 is not bad at all. I hardly notice it . But... you definately need ear protection.

Nor is my Finish M39. Both guns are the long versions of the carbines. That extra barrel weight makes a big difference for sure. I'll shoot my M39 till the cows come in and not think a thing about it. My 91/59 carbine was a limited use rifle till I got the recoil pad I posted earlier for it. Now its a regular shooter for me.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I have a 91/30, love it. I'm gonna get a carbine when I get my C&R. Wish I could find more online, though.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The kick on the M38 is a bit harsh, but it is fun to shoot. The most I've ever shot with it was 94 rounds in one day, all from a seated position on a bench. The last shots were tough to get through, but the worst were the 16 rounds shot prone. My body absorbed every bit of that recoil and the last 4 rounds were a pain.

I have a couple of 91/30s and an M44 and none kick as bad as the M38. My M44 is a Hungarian model that is the heaviest rifle I have and I think the weight dampens the kick. My Finn M91/30 is not much heavier than the M38, but has a much milder recoil.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Best looking one I've ever seen!

Hope you enjoy. Looking into getting one myself, especilly after I saw a U-tube of some guy hitting a steel target at 640yrd with one, it was the rifle, not the carbine I think! :ar15::ingo:

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Shot 20 rounds through the M38, it was a hit people 10ft behind me could feel the compression when I'd fire a round, the muzzle flash is very bright.

It was so fun to shoot.

mrussel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    (misconfig.) I have completely disassembled the bolt and cleaned all of the cosmoline off of the rifle. One source has told me to try new ammunition that some brands will swell in the chamber. other than that its a great shooting rifle.
    The guy at the local gun store here said he had one that allways had the ammo stick in it. He found that the coating on the surplus ammo was melting after a few shots. I told him that mine never did that and he was suprised. We concluded that some surplus ammo must be like that and some must not be.

Top Bottom