IMG_4302.jpg

IMG_4303.jpg

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Thanks!

Now I just have to find some .357 ammo...

And then make time to go to the range...

*sigh*

But at least I have a .357 again. I shouldn't have ever sold my first one! Doh!

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Never owned a 7 shot or a 5" barrel 686, very nice looking gun, you will enjoy it. If you don't own any reloading equipment, you might want think about buying some, even a Lee hand loader, lots of different loads you can work up, making the gun really versatile.
    Congratulations, very nice purchase.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Sweet piece! I don't own a S&W but I do have a Ruger .357 Mag. Great guns, although I do like sending .38's down range a little better usually. :): Those 686's are great revolvers, congrats!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Never owned a 7 shot or a 5" barrel 686, very nice looking gun, you will enjoy it. If you don't own any reloading equipment, you might want think about buying some, even a Lee hand loader, lots of different loads you can work up, making the gun really versatile.
    Congratulations, very nice purchase.

I have for sure thought about a single-stage press for reloading .38Special, .357Mag, and 9x19.

Thing is, though, I'd have to sell something off to make that happen. And I've got things "right where I want them", now I have a .357 back in the fold.

Not so much that the press itself is all that expensive, because it's not. But the dies, case trimmers, tumbler/media, scale, etc etc etc. It adds up. I just don't shoot enough to justify it. There are other things that I could use that money on...like a half decent upright rolling tool chest. *sigh*

-J-

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have for sure thought about a single-stage press for reloading .38Special, .357Mag, and 9x19.

Thing is, though, I'd have to sell something off to make that happen. And I've got things "right where I want them", now I have a .357 back in the fold.

Not so much that the press itself is all that expensive, because it's not. But the dies, case trimmers, tumbler/media, scale, etc etc etc. It adds up. I just don't shoot enough to justify it. There are other things that I could use that money on...like a half decent upright rolling tool chest. *sigh*

-J-

$60 for press and dies to get you reloading. That's 2 boxes of ammo... Reloading doesn't HAVE to be expensive, it just gets that way when you really get into it.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Congrats on the revolver! I love the 686, best 357 ever made. Mine is a -6, 4" 7rd, standard. I think yours is called a "stocking dealer" or something to that affect. I've heard they are tuned for competition.

Again, congrats!

Top Bottom