• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    The Pay it forward thread is an awesome idea. Never stumbled across it on here. Unfortunately, it looks like it lost traction. No real use since last year.:(

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I've been reloading for close to 30 years now and have helped 2 different members from these pages get started, plus a couple guys I work with. Always happy to show someone the basics of safe reloading.

I have a 100 yard range in the back yard, which mean you can load up 5 test rounds and shoot them to see how they do, then go load 5 more while your barrel cools off. It's convenient for doing load development.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Bobjones, I'll donate some unique powder to go in your daughters new starline cases. meet me at cabelas. I'll give you a quarter lb or so free of charge. That should load up a few hundred for her. Gotta keep the kids shooting :)

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Cases (primed) and powder-coated projectiles are on the way.
    With the powder and scales, all he'll need is a set of dies and daughter can start shootin' soon!

:ingo:

BTW- Let us know if you need load data.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Cases (primed) and powder-coated projectiles are on the way.
    With the powder and scales, all he'll need is a set of dies and daughter can start shootin' soon!

:ingo:

BTW- Let us know if you need load data.

Thank you!!!! You guys are awesome. I told her last night that we were working on getting her some more trigger time munchies and she was totally excited. Still can't say enough about the site and it's members.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Bobjones, I'll donate some unique powder to go in your daughters new starline cases. meet me at cabelas. I'll give you a quarter lb or so free of charge. That should load up a few hundred for her. Gotta keep the kids shooting :)

Thanks for the help. I will PM you to so we can line things out.

Also please as I have stated the generosity here is great!!!

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Pm'd.
    I don't need a trickler anymore, thanks to Scout6A!, and I'm set pretty well on brass.
    I do enjoy the pay-it-forward idea.
    I'm sure someone else on here will have a use for them.

This is indeed a very generous site...

Shipped, should arrive tomorrow or Monday.

bmoan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 30, 2015
    Bloomington
    not to change the subject, but I have the reloading jones, pretty bad and have been looking at equipment, there is a huge price difference from one to the next, where is the best place to start. I don't mind spending the extra but never am sure I guess cost and value are they linear and what's the right amount you need to spend to be happy for a while. I would like to load, .45, 9mm, .380, .223 and 30-06 if that's not possible with one system then I think starting with .45 and 9 would be a good starting point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    not to change the subject, but I have the reloading jones, pretty bad and have been looking at equipment, there is a huge price difference from one to the next, where is the best place to start. I don't mind spending the extra but never am sure I guess cost and value are they linear and what's the right amount you need to spend to be happy for a while. I would like to load, .45, 9mm, .380, .223 and 30-06 if that's not possible with one system then I think starting with .45 and 9 would be a good starting point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try looking at this,
    LEE VALUE TURRET PRESS KIT
    You could spend more, but this, and some die sets, will load what you're looking at.

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Try looking at this,
    LEE VALUE TURRET PRESS KIT
    You could spend more, but this, and some die sets, will load what you're looking at.

I agree 100%, this is what I use. It's perfect for people who shoot regularly, but not religiously. I am not able to shoot every weekend. I REALLY want to upgrade to a progressive, but I don't think my shooting demands it at this point. This can do everything you need, at a price that is right. You will be able to load 200 rounds in an hour if you are pressed to do so.

I wouldn't buy the kit, but the press is awesome. The auto-disk seems subpar (spend the money on the pro), the chamfer kit is meah, and the powder measure is again meah. All will work, but I would piece together a kit with the Classic turret as the base. The price is good though on the kit, you just may not be able to recoup any funds with the "extras" they throw in...but decent to get started on.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

Check this one too. You might find it cheaper somewhere else - RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Master Single Stage Press Kit

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I agree. I bought the Lee Turret to learn the process without breaking the bank just in case i didn't stay with it. Been using it for a month, but have found i need the 550. I'm shooting around 600-1000 a month.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    I agree. I bought the Lee Turret to learn the process without breaking the bank just in case i didn't stay with it. Been using it for a month, but have found i need the 550. I'm shooting around 600-1000 a month.

Have you considered the 650? Start with the basic press and the add to it as you can. My opinion get the head space gage for quality control.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Have a few things to help some one out:

A hundred of either 9mm, 40 S&W or 45acp brass small or large primers.

A Redding powder scale.

Last edited:

bmoan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 30, 2015
    Bloomington
    Just spent 3 hrs at gander mountain and learned that they really have no idea but they did have both types types that were suggested I will pull the trigger on one of them this week with knowing when I'm ready to move on I will for sure pay it forward ! Love the concept! Yes get behind me at mcdonalds !!

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Also, you can contact Bobcat Steel in Shelbyville. They are Site Sponsor's and can help you out in your decision as well.

Top Bottom