• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Been there a few times, WW is worthless you can only shoot handgun at the 25 yd distance, they don't allow target stands. Not much use when I want to take my .380 or my CM9 and practice with, rifle range isn't much better.

I agree the .380 is pretty useless at 25 yards but I don't see why you couldn't hit the target with a cm9. Ive also been there a number of times where we shot at the handgun range at 15 yards. Your experience may vary.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I agree the .380 is pretty useless at 25 yards but I don't see why you couldn't hit the target with a cm9. Ive also been there a number of times where we shot at the handgun range at 15 yards. Your experience may vary.

It's not a matter of hitting the target but of realistic practice. Occasionally i'll shoot at longer range to maintain proficiency but don't usually bother at 25 yds. The CM9 and 25 yds is stretching things a bit. The rifle range is as useless as well. If I could use the 25 yd range to zero my AR's with my zero targets that would be great. The 50 yard range or whatever that is won't work for that and for my 7.62's it's not challenging, it is better than nothing though i'll give you that. My expectations are probably just a little high after getting used to some of the public ranges we had down in GA.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    It's not a matter of hitting the target but of realistic practice. Occasionally i'll shoot at longer range to maintain proficiency but don't usually bother at 25 yds. The CM9 and 25 yds is stretching things a bit. The rifle range is as useless as well. If I could use the 25 yd range to zero my AR's with my zero targets that would be great. The 50 yard range or whatever that is won't work for that and for my 7.62's it's not challenging, it is better than nothing though i'll give you that. My expectations are probably just a little high after getting used to some of the public ranges we had down in GA.

I was just making a suggestion to another member, not telling you that you must go there. Im confused why that made you upset. If you don't like Wilbur wright that's fine.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I was just making a suggestion to another member, not telling you that you must go there. Im confused why that made you upset. If you don't like Wilbur wright that's fine.

I appreciate the suggestion and tell others to go there, it's just a sore spot with me because of their idiotic range rules.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Went in today to pick up a gun I had some minor work done on (great job by the way) and they said that non-members can now use their own factory ammo at the range! I'll be there tomorrow.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Went in today to pick up a gun I had some minor work done on (great job by the way) and they said that non-members can now use their own factory ammo at the range! I'll be there tomorrow.

If this is true then maybe I will run into you tomorrow.

chtheo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012

I am glad to hear this change in policy. If this is true, I will definitely go back. Thanks for posting.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Haven't had a chance to get to the new store yet, but love to support my lgs. Any idea if they'll be open on Friday (day after turkey day)? I guess I could call but I'd rather waste all this time typing this out.

Yes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I haven't seen the new facility yet, but I went to the old shop to buy a few cleaning supplies, and they could not have been more courteous and professional. I spent $15 or $20 and they treated me like someone spending 10x as much.

Unfortunately, I'm a rifle guy, so the range won't be of much use to me. The only gun I own that would be acceptable at an indoor range is my sub2000, which is totally useless until I can replace it's front sight.

But anyway...having never been to their new range, I can recommend the place on quality of service alone.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    The guys there are decent. The gun choice is also decent and the range is quite nice (brand new nice). I like that they have filled concrete block dividers between stations.

Top Bottom