• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    They're open and so is the range. Spent an hour on the range and I've got to say it is by far the best indoor range I've gone to yet. Get out there and try it out.

Randrayla

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    It is a very nice range. The air filtration is amazing. I didn't blow a bunch of black crap out of my nose after I left unlike when I leave pop guns.

My only complaint is you have to buy their ammo unless you buy their $250 a year membership. They said it was to "protect their range". I don't really see how me shooting some factory loaded 9mm ammo will damage their range. I probably will not shoot there much unless they change this policy.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I went there yesterday for the first time to test my P380 and a 1911 i'm working on. Nice range! I agree about the buying their ammo thing, maybe it will change it's not really consistent with any other range i've ever been too. The ammo at least is reasonable if you want to shoot but don't have any laying around.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Greenfield
    Just thought i would share this in case anybody was curious about prices for the indoor range.

1352316675.jpg

1352316704.jpg

1352316725.jpg

Last edited:

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I stopped by and the range was very nice. I didn't shoot but wanted to check it out as I live around the corner. The range was clean and very well done. You have to purchase their ammo to shoot unless you are a member. The 1 year membership is $250. The hour and half hour rates were fair but add the cost of ammo. I have been anticipating the range to open but I don't think I will be going there to shoot.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Very unfortunate to ruin a good range by making us buy their ammo.. Won't be going to check it out.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Need more info will keep checking back. I won't go as long as there is a stipulation about buying their ammo. Kind of like paying green fees to play golf with the stipulation you have buy their golf balls. Seems stupid.

chtheo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Nice shop and nice range, but it is ridiculous that you HAVE to buy their ammo in order to use the range. When I inquired about the reasoning for this policy, was fed a line of BS.

Sorry, but I will not be back. It is a shame, because it is a nice place.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    Was in there today and somebody had mentioned people *****ing about it to them, they are now talking about changing their policy. They are good people in there so I'm sure they will make it right.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Was in there today and somebody had mentioned people *****ing about it to them, they are now talking about changing their policy. They are good people in there so I'm sure they will make it right.

That was me, they are good guys in there and I want them to succeed. I think they are just nervous having a brand new nice range and just aren't quite sure how to protect it/themselves from liability etc. I think they'll come around as they get more comfortable, the good news is their ammo is priced very competitively. I'll buy from them instead of walmart to fill my ammo cans. Oh, and had a nice time at the range testing my Kart barrel in my Colt.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    That was me, they are good guys in there and I want them to succeed. I think they are just nervous having a brand new nice range and just aren't quite sure how to protect it/themselves from liability etc. I think they'll come around as they get more comfortable, the good news is their ammo is priced very competitively. I'll buy from them instead of walmart to fill my ammo cans. Oh, and had a nice time at the range testing my Kart barrel in my Colt.

Theyll succeed. Every time I go in there its generally pretty busy, dont get the opportunity to shoot the poo like I used to at the old shop. I buy 90% of my fire arms there, about 8 or 9 so far this year, and Ive bought some of my ammo there, but normally buy it online in bulk. I think this winter I'll be using the range quite a bit tho, even if I have to buy their ammo, cause like you said it is competitively priced.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I checked the place out last week. We have been shooting at Atterbury, which is a drive for sure. The one thing I like about Atterbury is that it is fairly cheap to shoot. I was given a lot of numbers about price, but was wondering if they charge for two or more people to share a lane? If they do, then even with the drive and time to Atterbury, it may still be worth it to go down there than a mere ten miles from home. Atterbury is usually only $7 for us (we just shoot for a bit) plus we get to use whatever ammo we want. We only use factory ammo from Walmart, or we have purchased ammo at Atterbury. So long as their ammo is within a $1 per box with what Walmart charges, not a huge price difference. However, if they charge for a second person to use the same lane, Atterbury just still becomes the better deal.

Never shot at Eagle Creek, but it might be a place we check out at as well. Hopefully Highsmith will get their prices more competitive (if they aren't already, which I don't know how they compare to Pops, Beech Grove, etc. locally).

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    My nephew lives less than a mile from there just off 9. Next time I'm out that way I want to stop and check it out. I went to their old shop a couple times and it was a nice little place with fair prices. I wonder if another concern they might have about people using their own ammo is the amount of steel jacketed and AP type ammo floating around out there. They are right in the middle of town and if a round ever got out of the building it's bound to hit something of value. Just thinkin out loud here. :dunno:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I just saw on the pics you posted that it says hand guns up to .44 Special. Does that mean no .44 Mag, 45ACP or .45 Colt? Is it determined by bullet size or energy? Interesting. :dunno:

Probably just means 44 mag and bigger, i've shot a lot of ACP there and they have .45 colt so it should be fine but I don't know if you could take your Marlin.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Probably just means 44 mag and bigger, i've shot a lot of ACP there and they have .45 colt so it should be fine but I don't know if you could take your Marlin.

I was just curious about their caliber choices. I mean a 10mm has more power than a 44 Special and a lot of 357 Mag and 357 Sig loads are up there too. I wasn't even thinking of the Marlin but good point. ;)

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I checked the place out last week. We have been shooting at Atterbury, which is a drive for sure. The one thing I like about Atterbury is that it is fairly cheap to shoot. I was given a lot of numbers about price, but was wondering if they charge for two or more people to share a lane? If they do, then even with the drive and time to Atterbury, it may still be worth it to go down there than a mere ten miles from home. Atterbury is usually only $7 for us (we just shoot for a bit) plus we get to use whatever ammo we want. We only use factory ammo from Walmart, or we have purchased ammo at Atterbury. So long as their ammo is within a $1 per box with what Walmart charges, not a huge price difference. However, if they charge for a second person to use the same lane, Atterbury just still becomes the better deal.

Never shot at Eagle Creek, but it might be a place we check out at as well. Hopefully Highsmith will get their prices more competitive (if they aren't already, which I don't know how they compare to Pops, Beech Grove, etc. locally).

Wilbur Wright is in new castle, there's no cost. It's free.

Top Bottom