• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm still in a holding pattern on being able to use mine, just when the weather turned good for me when I can go out and put some rounds down range, I'm not able to because of eye surgery.

My first window of opportunity will be the 1500 weekend and then 2 weekends after that because of another surgery scheduled on the 20th.

At least my peepers are getting fixed, but not getting my fix for shooting some Zombies.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I heard that mine had been fixed and that it was going out for test firing a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't checked on it since then.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I came to this thread looking for photos you took of your new carbine with toes in it and I found none. I am so disappointed.

Anyway, I didn't know these excited. Or maybe I forget but looking forward to hearing your review of it. Any reason you went with this over building your own AR pistol caliber carbine?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Anyway, I didn't know these excited. Or maybe I forget but looking forward to hearing your review of it. Any reason you went with this over building your own AR pistol caliber carbine?

In my case, here were some of my considerations:
    • Reliability. I've seen few 9mm ARs that really worked, even when the owners said they worked 100% ... until I was watching. Yeah, some people have really reliable 9mm ARs, but the percentage is too small and most of them had to do significant debugging. Granted, I was taking a chance on the reliability of this gun, but it was a smaller investment for that risk.
    • Weight
    • Magazines. This thing uses Glock mags, which are plentiful and reliable, including the Korean made versions.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    148   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    • Reliability. I've seen few 9mm ARs that really worked, even when the owners said they worked 100% ... until I was watching. Yeah, some people have really reliable 9mm ARs, but the percentage is too small and most of them had to do significant debugging. Granted, I was taking a chance on the reliability of this gun, but it was a smaller investment for that risk.
    • Weight
    • Magazines. This thing uses Glock mags, which are plentiful and reliable, including the Korean made versions.

This.

Think I'm going tonight!

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I came to this thread looking for photos you took of your new carbine with toes in it and I found none. I am so disappointed.

I don't do the toe photo thing. I want people to focus on what is being discussed.:D

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    148   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    Update time: I went to the range and put 150+ rounds of Federal American Eagle 124gr FMJ this weekend. I used Glock factory mags (17 and 33 round mags) as well as the Korean knock offs. Absolutely zero issues. Here are two pictures, one with the high cap mag and the other with the Magpul MOE grip and RVG.

2eanvvr.jpg

nqzg2e.jpg

I am a fan.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Picked up a factory 33 rounder today @ the 1500, after carefully checking out prices, I was able to buy a factory one for 20.00, when there was a ton of other people selling the KGI's for 25-30.00.

I also got two quick detachable scope mounts for $20.00 a piece, one with cantilevered scope mount for my 3-9x12 Simmons to go on and a flat top for my Holo red dot.

Want to be able to shoot 0-25 yards with the RDS, and stretch the carbine out to 100 yards with the Simmons. I don't think it'll be a problem holding over zero with the swap outs on the QD's.

I love coming home from the 1500 with deals!:D

Now if I could just get my pic rail bi-pod back from my buddy, I'd be set.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Got mine back from the smith. The chamber was not finished, so he finished reaming it.

Unfortunately, it's still having the problem of not going fully into battery. Once on the first 33rd mag I fired, and 5-6 times on the second.

Now I'm thinking there is a burr or something else impeding the forward travel of the bolt.

This is getting irritating. I bought this thing to avoid having to troubleshoot a 9mm AR!

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Got mine back from the smith. The chamber was not finished, so he finished reaming it.

Unfortunately, it's still having the problem of not going fully into battery. Once on the first 33rd mag I fired, and 5-6 times on the second.

Now I'm thinking there is a burr or something else impeding the forward travel of the bolt.

This is getting irritating. I bought this thing to avoid having to troubleshoot a 9mm AR!

Get this fixed yet Rhino?

Saturday I had the chance to put 60 rounds through it and ran great except 1 stove pipe.

I did notice some excessive scorching along the sides of the brass and the cases are slightly flattened on on side but did not affect it's performance.

I have a email out to JR to ask about the scorching and flattened brass.

On that initial firing I was using the holo red dot mounted on a QD base and at 15 yards it was right on the money. I'll move that out to about 30 yards next time out along with getting the scope lined out for 75+ yards.

The last mag I fired I emptied real quick, nonstop and was able to zero right back in on target easy.

Also, a thing to note...

If you have a JR Carbine that's serial number is between JR015000 through JR016391 there is a rapid fire bolt upgrade, and if you upgrade, JR will extend your warranty to 3 years from 2.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    148   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana

Saturday I had the chance to put 60 rounds through it and ran great except 1 stove pipe.

I did notice some excessive scorching along the sides of the brass and the cases are slightly flattened on on side but did not affect it's performance.

I have a email out to JR to ask about the scorching and flattened brass.

On that initial firing I was using the holo red dot mounted on a QD base and at 15 yards it was right on the money. I'll move that out to about 30 yards next time out along with getting the scope lined out for 75+ yards.

The last mag I fired I emptied real quick, nonstop and was able to zero right back in on target easy.

Also, a thing to note...

If you have a JR Carbine that's serial number is between JR015000 through JR016391 there is a rapid fire bolt upgrade, and if you upgrade, JR will extend your warranty to 3 years from 2.

Let me know if they get back to you on the excessive scorching. I noticed the samething, but no difference in results.

I took my buddy out shooting last friday with the JRC. After dialing in the iron sights and a PA Green laser, I can officially say this is the most fun gun I own.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Let me know if they get back to you on the excessive scorching. I noticed the samething, but no difference in results.

I took my buddy out shooting last friday with the JRC. After dialing in the iron sights and a PA Green laser, I can officially say this is the most fun gun I own.

My Hi-Point 995 with a ATP stock was fun, just hated the way it was built, it was also very accurate out to 120-125 yards, I hope that the JR meets or exceeds that and I'll really have some fun!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Nope. The 'smith wants me to recreate the malfunction and leave it that way until he can see it to help him diagnose the problem. He test fired 50 rounds before he gave it back to me and had no problems.

Also, a thing to note...

What's this about and what problem is it supposed to fix? Could this be what I need? Will they pay to ship it to them and back?

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Nope. The 'smith wants me to recreate the malfunction and leave it that way until he can see it to help him diagnose the problem. He test fired 50 rounds before he gave it back to me and had no problems.
    That's interesting

What's this about and what problem is it supposed to fix? Could this be what I need? Will they pay to ship it to them and back?

Evidently they ran across some as they say, "isolated incidents of apparent out-of-battery fire during rapid shooting with some types of ammunition"

Looks like it's a ship on your dime, return on them, but you could call the factory at the number supplied in the pdf below.

Important Rapid-Fire Bolt Upgrade Notice[FONT=arial, helvetica, freesans, sans-serif] - Serial Numbers JR015000 through JR016391 Only - Click [/FONT]Here.http://www.justrightcarbines.com/uploads/Upgrade_Notice_06-15-2011A.pdf

I know I was cranking it pretty hard on that last mag of 30, I was using WWB and I did'nt notice anything wrong as I was firing. Plus they've also dropped the +P do not shoot warning, so it looks good to go on being able to use that now.

I know if they have not gotten back to me by Friday morning about my email, I'm calling them on the 800 number supplied in the above pdf.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    • Reliability. I've seen few 9mm ARs that really worked, even when the owners said they worked 100% ... until I was watching.

I've often thought that if one of the companies that make a great 9mm pistol like Glock or CZ would make a carbine that ran as reliably as their handgun, they'd clean up. I know Beretta tried, but that thing is overpriced and from what I've heard has just as many reliability issues.

CZ has a really cool looking one they sell in Europe to military and police, but it's fully auto and an SBR.

I don't understand why there's such a reliability issue with these. It must be something to do with double stack mags, because Hi Points and the Camp Carbine both work.

Top Bottom