• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Don't forget that those Keltec fold-em-up carbines work great too. With Glock mags!

I sent them a message on their web site yesterday describing my problem. We'll see. I never bothered contacting them before because waranty service is of minimal value if the manufacturer won't pay for the shipping. It's cheaper to have someone local to fix it (assuming it's possible) in most cases.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I've been looking into 9mm carbines for a month of so now and I still don't know what I want. I like the kel tec because I have a ton of Glock mags and the folding idea is neat. The hi point is ugly but works great and is accurate. An AR in 9mm isn't cheap sadly. I've narrowed it down to the kel tec or hi point, and will probably go with the kel tec based on my mags alone. Still researching though. :):

DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Ive seen a lot lately about these pistol calibrated ARs. Whats the benifit of having one of these over the traditional.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Ive seen a lot lately about these pistol calibrated ARs. Whats the benifit of having one of these over the traditional.

1. Ammo cost
    2. Noise/easier to suppress effectively
    3. Shootable where rifle calibers are forbidden

Downside

Total cost, for what most people have in 1 dedicated 9mm AR, you can
    buy 2 non AR pistol carbines.

AR's in pistol carbine format from what I have heard are very troublesome and not the smoothest running @ times.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I sent them a message on their web site yesterday describing my problem. We'll see. I never bothered contacting them before because waranty service is of minimal value if the manufacturer won't pay for the shipping. It's cheaper to have someone local to fix it (assuming it's possible) in most cases.

I called today @ 2:30pm since it had been 3 days and no reply and got the office manager, evidently they never got the email, or was deleted on accident.

She placed me in touch with what I think was someone up higher on the food chain, but could not answer my question about the scorching and out of round/flat spent brass.

He asked me to call back Monday after 1pm because the designer and gunsmiths were already gone for Good Friday/Weekend.

He sounded genuinely concerned, and was very apologetic. Of course I did mention that there was another owner that has a problem with one of their products and we was going to be giving a AAR on a local gun forum with 21,000 potential buyers.:cool:

Something about tons of potential sales has a good effect of a product that has a great upside like the JR Carbine. :D

During the whole process I had pleasant conversations with both people and in return I was also very pleasant in return. Great phone etiquette, something I appreciate!

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Didn't use the 10 rounder, used 2-17's loaded to 15 and a 33 loaded to 30, first time loaded for them.

What about the 2183 follower in the factory 10 rounder?

First time I took it out, I had a couple misfeeds. After the bolt picked up a round and started to chamber it, another round popped up from the mag.

DHH_0806Pw.jpg

I had no problems using my standard G17 mags. I did some searching on Glocktalk, and found that some people(not all) had problems with the 2183, and that Glock would replace it with the "9mm3" follower. I called Glock, and they sent me a 9mm3 follower at no cost. I didn't tell them it was for my JR carbine. When he asked for the pistols serial number, I told him I was at work, and didn't have it. (which was true,btw)

I got the 9mm3 follower last week and installed it. Took it the range and put about 60 rds through it with no problems. :D

Here's mine with the Troy fixed sights;

DHH_0810Pw.jpg

But that pic doesn't include the A2 flash hider that I got from Spikes.

:D

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I had no problems using my standard G17 mags. I did some searching on Glocktalk, and found that some people(not all) had problems with the 2183, and that Glock would replace it with the "9mm3" follower. I called Glock, and they sent me a 9mm3 follower at no cost. I didn't tell them it was for my JR carbine. When he asked for the pistols serial number, I told him I was at work, and didn't have it. (which was true,btw)

I got the 9mm3 follower last week and installed it. Took it the range and put about 60 rds through it with no problems. :D

Thanks for the heads up on that, think I'll make the call to them and do the same.

After all it IS a new factory Glock mag that you got when you purchased your "new" product, JR bought it from them, their just doing the warranty work direct instead of through JR.:D

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    148   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    [/QUOTE]Here's mine with the Troy fixed sights;

DHH_0810Pw.jpg

But that pic doesn't include the A2 flash hider that I got from Spikes.

:D[/QUOTE]

Hilarious. For a second I thought you posted a picture of mine! Troy fixed sights are awesome, plus the green laser (on mine).

Now all you need is a single point sling and you're good to go.

All this talk makes me want to go out and shoot mine today.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I used to have a Kel Tec. If it was reliable I'd still have it. If someone has one that's reliable, I'll buy it from them.

Top Bottom