• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I guess we all have different definitions of a muscle cars. No biggie.

To me, its not about muscle vs pony vs whatever. I'm just a die hard gear head and I love cars for their potential. When it comes to Mustangs, the Foxbodies just oozed potential. There really isn't anything in the racing world (within reason) that a foxbody hasn't been competitive in. And it does it for a whole lot less money and effort than a large portion of the competitors.

It's the same reason I have mad respect for the GM LS based engines as well. They just run hard and get the job done without asking for much.

Last edited:

92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Well if they make it European......

they can only hope it sells well in Europe. They will loose the market share they practically own and the Camaro will end up doing much much better.

Ford has tried this several times now, they always come back. The 1987-1993 Mustangs saved the Mustang for an additional 20 years. It the Probe would have been the Mustang, the Mustang would have been dead in 1987.

Hopefully Ford knows is markets. Of course the 50 MPG CAFE standard promises to make all vehicles go carts eventually... Hold on, let me pull start my Mustang....

I still love the old 5.0. Hardly fast anymore, but still torquey and fun. Never did like the Probe, guess the market didn't either.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I can't believe I missed this thread. All I can say is WTF@the euro styling Mustang. Ford doing away with Rangers and now they're trying to kill the Mustang (not that I've been a big fan of them since the hatchback 5.0s). Is Ford trying to compete with Hyundai?

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    I love mustangs. Had a few and IMHO the Mustang died in 71. I have a 2011 GT 6 spd now and it's a fun car but will never last. Put the HiPo 390 and 4 speed out of my 67 when it died into my 68 F100 and it's more fun than any of the Mustangs.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I love mustangs. Had a few and IMHO the Mustang died in 71. I have a 2011 GT 6 spd now and it's a fun car but will never last. Put the HiPo 390 and 4 speed out of my 67 when it died into my 68 F100 and it's more fun than any of the Mustangs.

I bet that is a fun truck. Cars can but fun but until you get back to the mid 50s (and earlier) the styling just isn't there. Old trucks are just plain beautiful. I've been looking at old Ford trucks since helping a buddy with his 1957 F100.

Top Bottom