• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    I just got my new rig from Armordillo Concealment! This thing is awesome. He did a great job with the hydro dipping. Can't wait to get out and run some drills with it!

IMG_0434.jpg

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    Would this be a good IDPA holster? Is it comfortable for CC?

I'm not sure about IDPA. I know they won't let you run with a light on the gun so this particular holster wouldn't be allowed but other holsters that AC makes should work fine for IDPA.

As far as concealed carry goes, I haven't really tried it yet as I purchased it mostly as an OWB holster for my battle belt. It's very comfortable on the belt and I'm sure if I threw a button up on it would conceal just fine.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    That's not nearly as bad as my last holster from Raven, which was 6 months.. by the time it had come I forgot I even ordered it.

Whoa. 6 months is a looonnnnngggg time. I like Armordillo Concealment for all of the options they give you when ordering your holster such as the thickness of the Kydex and mounting options. I've got the belt loops and MALICE Clips from them so I can mount it on my regular belt or my battle belt.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    I'm ordering one to mount on my VTAC Brokos belt. Did you go with the .090 thickness?

I went with the .09 outer and .06 inner as I knew I would be mounting it on my HSGI Belt. Looking back on it, I probably should've gone with the .09 all around because it is super rigid and heavy duty.

Tom Fineis

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Cleveland, OH
    That's not nearly as bad as my last holster from Raven, which was 6 months.. by the time it had come I forgot I even ordered it.

Our lead times have never been six months. If you actually waited that long, I'd like you to PM me your info so I can look into your order.

Customers regularly exaggerate their lead times on forums, which spreads misinformation. I'm not trying to call you out, but I would like the correct information to be available to those looking for holsters.

Our current lead time is 16-18 weeks, which is the longest it has ever been. It is falling aggressively, and that full lead time only applies to a small section of our product line. The majority of our popular products are available on "Quick Ship" which is quoted at 6 weeks, though most ship in 3-4 weeks.

Armordillo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Florida
    It came in just under 8 weeks. Which is a ridiculously long lead time but his lead time listed on his site has dropped to 4 to 6 now.

Thanks for the post on our gear. We agree that 8 weeks is a long time. Please note it would have shipped ahead of schedule but the hydro-dipping took longer than usual (which is out of my control). The current lead time on all orders is right at 5 weeks.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I'm looking for a new battle belt holster as well... I might just have to swing by their website and check them out, see what kinds of options they have. Thanks for the post!

Top Bottom