Not open for further replies.

starcrack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    Hello!

I'm 22, going to school and working in Bloomington. It's difficult to find good shops down here.

I started shooting just a year ago and I'm planning on purchasing my first handgun soon. I've heard Bradis and AAC are both very good places so I'm planning on making a trip up there soon.

Unfortunately, the guy that I used to shoot with (an ex-roommate) no longer lives in Indiana, so he won't be able to accompany me on this daunting (?) journey.

I want to buy a XD 9mm, which is my favorite of the handguns he had. He's informed me that it would be a good first gun for me.

If you have any tips for me, it would certainly be appreciated!

Cheers,
    Chris

starcrack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    Thanks, I actually filled out the online form today. I'll go into my local station probably after work today to fill out the rest of the information. Also planning on driving up to Mooresville to pick out a new gun this weekend!

sheriff125

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Morgan Co
    Hello!

I'm 22, going to school and working in Bloomington. It's difficult to find good shops down here.

I started shooting just a year ago and I'm planning on purchasing my first handgun soon. I've heard Bradis and AAC are both very good places so I'm planning on making a trip up there soon.

Unfortunately, the guy that I used to shoot with (an ex-roommate) no longer lives in Indiana, so he won't be able to accompany me on this daunting (?) journey.

I want to buy a XD 9mm, which is my favorite of the handguns he had. He's informed me that it would be a good first gun for me.

If you have any tips for me, it would certainly be appreciated!

Cheers,
    Chris

Chris, just so you know aac is no longer open.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Obviously the best gun you can buy is a Glock. Once you are comfortable with that, your not a true gun owner until you have a 1911. Then you need to buy some Black Talons to go in your clips. You can find them around here for $50-$60 a box of 20 if you look hard enough. Then you need to learn the art of bacon. How many ways to fix it, and how many links you can find to post about bacon. Once you do these things, you'll be ready!

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Welcome aboard. As you can tell, you'll learn a lot from the people here. :)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Welcome to INGO. I work at IUB and live in Camby, so if you every need anything, don't hesitate to ask.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Welcome to INGO, I am moving to Bloomington this fall for school. Where do you go shooting down there? And definately get your LTCH before you get anything.

Are you a freshman? If so, do you have any scholarships? It's late, but I can definitely look into some possibilities for you. PM me your students ID number and I will check it out and get back to you.

starcrack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    Yep, my handle is based on the computer game StarCraft. It's quite addicting. I'm glad and somewhat amused that you instantly recognized that moniker.

Bloomington doesn't have any public shooting ranges. IU used to have two ranges: one couple blocks East of campus, and another one in the basement of our student union. Of course, this was a long time ago, and like most other schools, they've developed a strong aversion to guns over the years, so they decided to close them both down. If I remember correctly, the union range was closed down over a decade ago, the off-campus one more recently. I've heard there are some closed-membership ranges around Bloomington, though.

Que: I'm a 2010 graduate, just got my first big-boy job with the psychology department here. Things are slow here over the summer, so I've actually been spending a lot of time online, hehe. Do you know any good ranges around Bloomington? How do I get involved with them? Also, is there an online community for shooters in Bloomington?

As for my (first) weapon of choice, I've been doing a lot of reading and I'm pretty set on an XD. I've been told that Glock is also a solid choice, but XD seemed to be a better fit for me when I used to go shooting with my old roommate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom