• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This is exactly correct. I am a huge believer in supporting local business (restaurants, hardware stores,etc) but when it comes to firearms there is no way they can compete. I think you'll see very specialized stores emerge that carry very little inventory and provide more "services" than weapons. That includes doing FFL transfers to get you into the store to purchase those services, ammunition, etc.
    I think you will find that there are already a number of these around.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Great first post

With his current inventory, limited knowledge and high prices I hope he didn't sign a long term lease.

Not fair to compare his operation to your gun store. You do have your own top of the line store seeing you are so critical of a guy just starting out in business and trying to make a living servicing the gun community?

Wizard101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    I didn't realize you guys were so sensitive. I was merely voicing my opinion and wasn't trying to be "unfair" or to be seen as "having a bad day". However, I am glad you are so in touch with your feminine side.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Are sleeveless shirts required? ;)

It's more like this Steve:

right_to_bear_arms1.jpg

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I didn't realize you guys were so sensitive. I was merely voicing my opinion and wasn't trying to be "unfair" or to be seen as "having a bad day". However, I am glad you are so in touch with your feminine side.

As a neutral observer, I'll merely voice my humble opinion. You come across as arrogant, unfriendly, and jealous of the attention a new store is getting. You also appear insecure. Not a great way to introduce yourself to new friends, or customers.

I value a welcoming, humble, and friendly atmosphere in a gun store as much as anything else.

Have a better day.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    It's called being fair to people

It is difficult for anyone starting a new business and starting one where you are competing with large internet based companies that do not have to charge state sales tax and are probably purchasing direct from the manufacturers at lower prices than the storefront makes it even harder. Throw in a customer base where every third person who walks thru the door considers themselves a walking encyclopedia of gun knowledge and has a friend who purchased this exact gun he has come to buy at $50 less than this store owenr can sell it for and it can be a no-win situation. This guy doesn't need people in the gun community beating him up on his prices and "knowledge" of firearms. Don't like what this new store has to offer go someplace else and annoy them.

How many different firearms are out there, sixty thousand or more? With the internet knowledge base available for everyone people need to do their own research and come into a store with a good idea what they want and what that firearm consists of. Seems like some people come into gun stores to play "make the gun store owner or employer feel stupid." Most gun store people probably don't know if a particular model firearm comes with a left handed safety or in hot pink but they can look it up if you will treat them with respect and be a little patient.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville

Has nothing to do with being sensitive etc. When you meet people for the first time you don't tell them... hey you sound like an idiot and you look like you're going to a clown parade. Merely stating that with it being your first post, with no intro post, background info or any other info about YOU, you came across as maybe having some trollish behavior at best.
    Manners count:welcome:

Bob

BrowningFan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    Went there last week. I grew up in Noblesville and was glad to learn there was a new dealer in town. I live in Greenfield now but made sure to check them out when I was in town the other day.

It's not easy to start a new business these days, especially a successful one that turns a profit. Like anyone there main goal is to make a decent living selling what they are passionate about. With the internet that's very hard to do, unless you offer other services not available on line. For example: gunsmith services, training classes, indoor or outdoor range, sanctioned events, etc.

I've noticed on other comments on this thread criticism of the dealer's prices, fees and even inventory. I see this on almost all forums I've been a member of regarding some peoples opinions of retailers they visit. I always respond to these with the same comment: "Start your own retail business and make a go of it for as long as you can. If you are still in business in a year or two than feel free to comment as such. Otherwise save your irrelevant comments". Anybody that's willing to work for peanuts already works for walmart.

Good luck to Bare Arms in Noblesville...... one of the few that are willing to make a go at a new business during tough economic times.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Stopped by BareArms today for ammo and a special order. Nice group of professional firearms knowledgeable guys working there. BareArms is a positive asset to the gun community and fits in nicely for the Noblesville area.

Last edited:

Hoosier Daddy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    I stopped in there today and bought my first handgun! (S&W M&P 9mm)

The store was packed and Don was very busy so I didn't get a chance to talk to him, but Tim was very helpful by answering my n00b questions, filling out paperwork and getting me set up with my "new pistol owner starter kit". :D

Thank you very much. :thumbsup: I shall return!

Sedanman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Noblesville
    I was very impressed with BareArms I bought my first gun from there. They spent the time with my wife and I going through every pistol they had, until we found the right one. I shopped around and they had the best price. He even took the time to give me a short safety lesson on guns.

I have been back several times since and they are always friendly and helpful. Even though they are very busy every time I go in.

airplane

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    BareArms Transfer Fee

I took a look/see since it's closer than most stores. Whew !!! $50 for a transfer and real gruff looking guy my height 6'5"!!

Top Bottom