• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    $50 for an FFL transfer.. LOL.. Don's doesn't even charge that.

You're right... Don's is $75 or $100 for transfers depending on which employee you talk to. Just called them last week to see.

He was a nice option until he got sideways with the feds and couldn't sell a new gun without arranging a transfer with another FFL.

Huh? :dunno: Wrong shop maybe?

Last edited:

heatman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Sheridan
    I stopped by Barearms today for the first time. The owner was very friendly and helpfull. I was in the market for a fullsized M&P 9mm. I like to shop local and he was $61 cheaper than the store in Sheridan and $44 cheaper than the store in B.G. I'll be back.

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    Just bought my Glock 23 from him yesterday. Great Guy! Very helpful and courteous. This was my first handgun purchase and there was no pressure, he just wanted to make sure I got what I wanted. Very pleased and will go back again!

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Hours and days open? Anyone know?

EDIT:
    Hours: Tuesday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m
    Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
    Closed on Sundays and Mondays

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    Very nice guy and a decent inventory.
    I asked about consigning my XD9 that I wanted to sell and he advised that it wouldn't sell in his shop for more than $325 and his fee was 15% (if I remember correctly). I sold it for $400 in less than an hour here.

He was not comfortable selling my Yugo M48 Mauser as he was not familiar with it. I told him what I wanted for it and if he could sell, I was comfortable with his fee. He was incredibly hesitant because it wasn't listed in his "Gun Values" book.
    Again, it sold here in a day.

I stop in once in a while to look.

Last edited:

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    The wife and I stopped in yesterday since we were in the neighborhood. Super nice guys, very helpful. Big difference from most gun shops I have been in. My wife even felt comfortable. Spent some money there,even though prices may be a little higher than I would like.

Wizard101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    With his current inventory, limited knowledge and high prices I hope he didn't sign a long term lease.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    With his current inventory, limited knowledge and high prices I hope he didn't sign a long term lease.

I give him credit for opening the store and hope he stays successful but agree that his and his employee's knowledge is very limited.

As for his prices, negotiate with cash if you have it.

He has a Saiga 12 on the rack that I would love to have.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    Really? I bought a new M&P9 cheaper than anywhere else I priced them in the Indy metro area.

As long as you know what you are looking at. An employee, not owner, could not explain that the M&P had magazine locks available....and then explained Sig's SRT by describing the difference between SA and DA.....:dunno:

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    I give him credit for opening the store and hope he stays successful but agree that his and his employee's knowledge is very limited.

A gentleman working there (I would be remiss to fail to mention that he was extremely courteous and accommodating), when I inquired about ordering a Springfield TRP, responded that he had no idea what a "TRP" was.

The owner knew exactly what I was talking about, but proceeded to tell me that I would be in for about an 8-month wait if I wanted to order one.

The owner was also very courteous as well and he even remembered me from when I was in the shop a month or two earlier to pick up my M&P 9 Shield.

When I got home, I hopped online and found a NIB TRP. It's now at my house. :D

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    The owner knew exactly what I was talking about, but proceeded to tell me that I would be in for about an 8-month wait if I wanted to order one.

When I got home, I hopped online and found a NIB TRP. It's now at my house. :D

The day of the LGS is closing quickly. In another 20 years, a market the size of Greater Indianapolis will have 3-4 gun stores at most and they will be large, well-capitalized stores that can afford to buy the size of inventory necessary to possibly stay competitive with the superior delivery model found on the Net. Nearly everything evolves over time. There are no stagecoach repair depots in town anymore for a reason. The milkman doesn't leave a glass bottle in a tin box on your porch anymore. In the near future, the day of the local gun store will become history as well. A better way will have eliminated them.

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    I hear ya on that one. It's a shame.

I tried to give a LGS a fair shake but at the end of the day, I've got to get what I want, when I want it, and at a price that's acceptable.

There are a few local gun shops out there with prices and customer service so crappy that they almost deserve to go under. I don't think I have to name them. Their reputations speak for themselves.

The day of the LGS is closing quickly. In another 20 years, a market the size of Greater Indianapolis will have 3-4 gun stores at most and they will be large, well-capitalized stores that can afford to buy the size of inventory necessary to possibly stay competitive with the superior delivery model found on the Net. Nearly everything evolves over time. There are no stagecoach repair depots in town anymore for a reason. The milkman doesn't leave a glass bottle in a tin box on your porch anymore. In the near future, the day of the local gun store will become history as well. A better way will have eliminated them.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I hear ya on that one. It's a shame.

I tried to give a LGS a fair shake but at the end of the day, I've got to get what I want, when I want it, and at a price that's acceptable.

There are a few local gun shops out there with prices and customer service so crappy that they almost deserve to go under. I don't think I have to name them. Their reputations speak for themselves.

This is exactly correct. I am a huge believer in supporting local business (restaurants, hardware stores,etc) but when it comes to firearms there is no way they can compete. I think you'll see very specialized stores emerge that carry very little inventory and provide more "services" than weapons. That includes doing FFL transfers to get you into the store to purchase those services, ammunition, etc.

Top Bottom