• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I went by Fort Liberty today looking for a Ruger LCP; no one around Indy seems to have them in stock. I asked if they had any - they didn't but they did have this sweet little D380!

I picked this up for my wifes birthday she wanted something "Small and cute" I think this fits the bill, eh?

I dug up some info on this company; it looks like it was started by KelTec's 2 top designers, they left the company to start diamnondback. This pistol is 100% American made, comes from Cocoa Florida. It is taken apart like a glock; very nice compared to the KelTec and Ruger IMO. Also, if you ask me the sites are a million times better than the Ruger LCP; they're adjustable and you can actually see with them.

Heres the manufacturers website: Diamondback Site

Some personal pics:
    photo-4-1.jpg

photo-5-1.jpg

photo-6-1.jpg

photo-7.jpg

photo-8.jpg

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    congrats i really like those and would like to give one a try. looking forward to a range report. enjoy :rockwoot:

also do you happen to know what the trigger pull weight is?

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Yes a Range Report would be swell, I just bought the same gun 2days ago up here in Ft. Wayne, but it doesnt look like I will be able to make it to the range for a least a week! :xmad:

In my opinion it mimicks my G19, its like someone took a glock and shrank it! The trigger pull seems nicer than any of the pocket .380's I have had, and the feel of the gun in my hand is really, really good!

Wonder how long before DB gets sued by Glock?
    Wish they came with 2mags but I wont complain to much!

As long as it performs as well as it looks (fit & finish) I will be one happy camper! :D

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Yes a Range Report would be swell, I just bought the same gun 2days ago up here in Ft. Wayne, but it doesnt look like I will be able to make it to the range for a least a week! :xmad:

In my opinion it mimicks my G19, its like someone took a glock and shrank it! The trigger pull seems nicer than any of the pocket .380's I have had, and the feel of the gun in my hand is really, really good!

Wonder how long before DB gets sued by Glock?
    Wish they came with 2mags but I wont complain to much!

As long as it performs as well as it looks (fit & finish) I will be one happy camper! :D

I was pissed about the 2 mags thing, too. Their website sells extra mags for $26, they have the option of the grip extension, too.

Mine doesn't seem to be feeding hollow points, but I'll have to shoot a few rounds through it first.

Last edited:

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    What's up with the animal paw in the first picture? Looks like you've been out hunting.....
    I've seen this gun at the stores twice now and I have to say, it does feel very nice in the hand and the sights are are nice for the gun size. Keep us posted on how it works for you.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I think that is a cat's paw. If his cat is anything like my two, the only time they want attention from me is when I'm trying to take a picture and they they hog the field of vision or rub against my leg. If I'm having a terrible day, they hide under the couch and howl at me.

I held one of these at the 1500... you are right on with thinking it seems like a scaled down Glock. I really like these little autos and wish there was one in 9mm instead of .380. I don't want to open myself up to yet another caliber and .380 ammo isn't cheap.

Let us know if you can get that beast to swallow hollowpoints. The gun, not the cat. :D

Colt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Dearborn County
    National Rifleman magazine just had an article comparing nine .380 ACP concealed carry handguns (February issue). I would have liked to have seen the Diamondback included in the comparison.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    wow. i have been looking for one of those forever. i have the sig, ruger and keltec.

right now with out a doubt my ruger with crimson trace is my go to pocket pistol. the sig is very smooth but a little bigger than the rest. the diamond back looks awesome. i have been trying to get my hands on one of those db's for a minute now.

i heard it wasn't keltec's ppl who left i heard they use to work for kahr and had disagreements over the kahr 380 design so broke off and came up with this. i could be wrong but who really cares. get us a range report as soon as you can as i might trade in my keltec which doesn't get used anymore cause of the rugers and sig. i think your wife will be pleased

qwkdrwmgw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really love mine. When I took it to the range I was really surprised at how much better it felt shooting then my Keltec. The recoil was half of the Keltec and was very accurate, it double taps nicely. It fed PMC fmj and Gold Dot jhp just fine. Like my range report in another post I had trouble getting the first round to chamber, well it turns out I was not letting the slide slam back hard enough and the round would get caught on the feed ramp. After talking with DB about this they informed me to just let it slam back and I haven't had a problem since. I have put around 72 rounds through it with no other issues. Man I really like this gun, it goes with me every where.

Scott

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I also own 1 of the first production models and the fit and finish are far better than my LCP. My LCP has a CT laser and I can shoot my DB380 as well or better out to 30 feet and it doesnt sting my hand after 50 rounds. I also heard they are working on a compact 9 version.

Dr. Pretorius

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Diamondback DB380

Picked this up today. I had never seen one before, sweet little pistol. Kinda looks like a mini Glock. Now if I can just find someone that has .380 in stock. :rolleyes:

DB380.jpg

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I saw one down at the Tactical Shotgunner store on the near south side of Indy. Very nice people (btw). It's the first one I had seen and when they broke it down it was amazingly like a mini-Glock. I'd love to hear how it shoots. I love my LCP, but it did seem nicely done and I liked the design on the side of the slide. Let us know.

I also wonder how long before Glock sues them over anything they may have copied from the design.

Congrats on your purchase...

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i keep seeing more and more of these on here lately. i like them and really want to handle one. congrats on the purchase and enjoy. if you can i would love to hear a range report after you get to break it in.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Don't know what your budget is, or anything about this ammo, but Cabelas has Herters 91 grain fmj in stock. 500 rounds in a dry box for $179.95.

MrFive

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Hamilton County
    I havent seen one in the flesh or heard of anyone owning one yet(till you of course)

The story(that i heard, i cant verify) is that a Kel-Tec engineer defected to a airboat manufacturer across the street. The company had firearms ambitions and the Daimondback is the result.

Cant wait for a full report!

Top Bottom