• ...and so much more!
  • alxjmrk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Indy, Nora area
    Haha you guys crack me up...

I carry a Surefire 6PD in my jacket with a modified R2 drop-in to hold a P7 led with about 400-600 lumens for 45 minutes running on a 18650. I also EDC a Surefire E1B I received as a gift.

But as everyone is saying, Fenix, Fenix, Fenix. The TK10 was my first high quality light i ever bought. I regret selling it to this day. As a small pocket light, you cant go wrong with a LD01, PD10, or PD20. I miss the old series of L1/2Ds and L1/2Ts. The new ones just have better technology. Seems like 4sevens has been kicking some butt though with their series of lights.

There are days and days of information on flashlightreviews.com , This Reviews Section and one of the best websites ever to come up on the internet here

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Honestly, I have a hard time paying more than $60-$70 for a flashlight. I would buy two $79 flashlights before I would buy one $120 light.:twocents:

this is turning into the knife forum:rolleyes::D but seriously I just don't get why guys with uber guns won't shell out a few extra bucks for good gear other than their guns.:dunno:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    this is turning into the knife forum:rolleyes::D but seriously I just don't get why guys with uber guns won't shell out a few extra bucks for good gear other than their guns.:dunno:

That's an easy answer. They have never had their tails on the line with substandard gear made by the lowest bidder. ;)

nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    I don't know how you guys feel about 'nutnfancy' on youtube, but he seems to like the Fenix LD20, and so do I. I like the fact that it takes AAs.

Anymore, why are people using the CR123's now that lithium AA's are commonly available? I mean, people act like a light using 123's will make you walk on water....... Never had one, so I wouldn't know.

nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    Oh, also forgot... You Fenix guys.... Is it hard to get the hang of the Fenix twisting mode selection? Seems like it would twist in your pocket and be in the wrong mode when you go for it in a hurry.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have a couple of lights that use AA or AAA, but I prefer to use Lithium batteries, both for performance as well as being able to use them in cold weather.

Now I realize that I'm only going to keep them because of availablity of AA and AAA alkaline batteries if there is a problem getting what I prefer. The reason is, I can get CR123A batteries for less money than I can get AA or AAA lithiums!

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    That's an easy answer. They have never had their tails on the line with substandard gear made by the lowest bidder. ;)

easy_button.thumbnail.jpg

nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    Oh, also forgot... You Fenix guys.... Is it hard to get the hang of the Fenix twisting mode selection? Seems like it would twist in your pocket and be in the wrong mode when you go for it in a hurry.

anyone have input on this? It seems like the Fenix lights would be in the wrong mode when you need it the most.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I don't think there is any way the light could twist or get changed in your pocket. I know on my PD30, it is rather stiff and would be almost impossible to turn on its own.

nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    I don't think there is any way the light could twist or get changed in your pocket. I know on my PD30, it is rather stiff and would be almost impossible to turn on its own.

OK... I have heard that since you change modes with "half-clicks" of the button you sometimes change modes when turning the light on and off. Any experience with that?

Top Bottom