• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shade Tree

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Across from the Corn Field
    Thanks for the great insight on your G27.

My first gun purchase was a Gen 4 G23 and will likely never get rid of it.

I've been cypherin a pocket gun and have focused in on the G26/G27. While they certainly fit the excellent bill, the pocket carry aspect has just been confirmed-probably not the best choice, IMO.

May still get one for tucking away in the car and will likely stick with the .40/G27.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    A GLOCK 27 is a fine defensive gun. I have an older model that is actually still under a frame recall.
    I haven't sent it in as yet, as it hasn't displayed any distress or defect, and I really don't want a newer frame cobbled onto it.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have a G27 and I Love it. I use an x-grip mag extension on a 15 round G22 mag as my second mag in my pocket. I use the +2 G27 when I CC in the holster. I took one of the small Velcro tabs (the fuzzy part) an put it on the mag under the mag extension for friction to keep it from moving up and down. It works great!!!!!

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I also love my 27. It's a gen 3 but still has the 2 piece recoil spring assembly like the gen 4s. Here are a few notes that might be of value to you.

1) It is just as accurate as any pistol I've shot. It will do a jagged single hole off bags at 7yds. It will hold an inch at 10 and about 1 1/2" at 20 yards. At 30 it is still pretty good but the impact point moves up a little higher. (My gen 4 g23 groups all around the same point from 5 to 30 yds.)

2) I've found through extensive ( and expensive) testing that the little bugger loves 180gr Federal HSTs. My 23 loves 180gr Gold Dots but the 27 doesn't shoot them quite as tight as the HSTs. I've chronoed the HSTs and found them to do about 1,005fps out of my 27. The box Federal ammo box lists them at 1,010fps out of a test barrel. If I'm getting almost that with a stubby barrel that means Mr. Bad Guy is going to hurt like Hell when he gets a couple between the nips!!

3) I was carrying a g23 mag for a spare and had the sleeve on it but took it off for two reasons; I didn't ever want to chance that the sleeve might have slipped a little so that I wouldn't be able to lock in the mag in a combat reload scenario. And since I have my 23 in the safe next to the 27 I didn't want to grab the sleeved mag if I had to use the 23 and not be able to insert it in an emergency.

4) I tried the pinky extension on the 27 mag (the one that doesn't add a round or two) and couldn't comfortably get my little finger on it. My hand is about medium size. I went back to the flat bottom and am more comfortable gripping and shooting with my pinky under and up against the bottom of the magazine. It's very easy shooting with just two fingers on the grip.

5) I can comfortably carry a 23 and even my 30 in a Galco Ankle Glove holster but the little 27 really fits and hides well. And it makes a little less noticable bulge when concealing on your hip.

Enjoy your 27.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I have a G27 and I Love it. I use an x-grip mag extension on a 15 round G22 mag as my second mag in my pocket. I use the +2 G27 when I CC in the holster. I took one of the small Velcro tabs (the fuzzy part) an put it on the mag under the mag extension for friction to keep it from moving up and down. It works great!!!!!
    I hope you haven't had any trouble with the extension that adds rounds. The only malfunction I've ever had with any of my Glocks (except a 36 which I should have never bought) was with a +2 extension. I didn't change springs and the thing caused several FTF. As soon as I took it off it was back to flawless operation. The dangerous thing was that it didn't do it all the time. Be careful you don't get used to it working and then have a FTF jam when "negotiating" for your life.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have fired many rounds through it with no problems. I purchased the mags new in the Glock clamshell so they might have extended length springs in them. I am curious now so I'm going to have to take one apart to measure it. Does anybody have a stock mag for a 27 that can post the length?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This slope is getting very slippery. Tomorrow, I'm picking up a used Gen 3 G23, so I can pull the sleeve off the mag now that I'll just carry that when I want to go mid-size. I need to call NHT3 and talk about adding night sights to some of these. I'm thinking of Big Dot sights on the 29 and 27 and standard night sights on the 23. I've never used the Big Dot sights before, so we'll see how that goes.

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    This slope is getting very slippery. Tomorrow, I'm picking up a used Gen 3 G23, so I can pull the sleeve off the mag now that I'll just carry that when I want to go mid-size. I need to call NHT3 and talk about adding night sights to some of these. I'm thinking of Big Dot sights on the 29 and 27 and standard night sights on the 23. I've never used the Big Dot sights before, so we'll see how that goes.

Congrats!:cool:

The G23/G27 is a great combo indeed. Now, you "need" a G22, G24, and, a G35.:D

Top Bottom