• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 052.5GT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Columbus
    Or you could just go buy a stock Jeep from Chrysler for about $50-70,000 less and go anywhere that ugly arse thing will go

, I was just showing a very impressive vehicle. And for a BOV it would be very hard to beat.

Last edited by a moderator:

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    That truck is tough looking. I also find it funny that some body on here used Jeep and go anywhere in the same sentence Toyota FTW ha ha

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    :noway: you ftl.

JEEP-the ORIGINAL go anywhere vehicle:patriot:

Darn right!! :patriot:

WWII_Army_Jeep.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JustGone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    In the PRK now =(
    For a BOV depending on the length of the SHTF situation don't you guys think something that does better on fuel consumption would be the smarter choice then alot of these personnel carriers and huge transport trucks that get horrible mpg? After all fuel might become hard to acquire if its any sort of long term SHTF situation.

052.5GT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Columbus
    For a BOV depending on the length of the SHTF situation don't you guys think something that does better on fuel consumption would be the smarter choice then alot of these personnel carriers and huge transport trucks that get horrible mpg? After all fuel might become hard to acquire if its any sort of long term SHTF situation.

absolutely, it will be everyones own personal calculation though. If you are bugging, then I would hope you have a destination, then that distance is how far you need to go. Also taking into account backtracking if roads are blocked and idling if there is a lot of traffic. The consideration of fuel mileage is also hard to balance with performance. It is hard to get good fuel mileage, great performance, great off-road performance in one vehicle. Jerry can storage should be considered to supplement for a vehicle that gets poor mileage.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Didn't you know we all have 50,000 gallon storage tanks at our compounds?

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Actually there are some natural gas deposits around my house. There's a big gas complex next road over. Supposedly there are some houses that get free NG too! Maybe I should check my mineral rights, I might have some Iraqi action a la' Kuwait going on.

clickclickboom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    id stick with the J8, I like the idea of diesel power, and more room. the two seat truck doesn't look too roomy for a 6'4 frame.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Owned many Jeeps and domestic trucks. From now on sticking with the Toyota Tacoma off road edition.
    Can't help it. For fit finish and reliability I can never go back to domestic engineering. Yep, call me unpatriotic but when it comes to getting my family where we need to go I can worry about labels or name calling --- just got to get there

Top Bottom