• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    So last year, I bought a bow with a package.

This year I'm getting a plain Hoyt SuperHawk and I'm looking for suggestions for sights and rests.

I was considering a Ripcord for a rest.

Any suggestions?

met eng gun nut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    spend the money and get a drop away rest. It saves your fletchings as well as helps with shooting mistakes in your form. and get a sight with a good amount of fiber optic cable. in a pinch you can easily fix your sight if say your darling wife carries your bow past a briar patch and all the fiber optic properties are lost due to broken tubes. quick and easy fix

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I use a Whisker Biscuit and am happy with it. The biscuit is silent and keeps my arrow where it should be when im in the woods. However, its not perfect. My fletchings do get waves in them. Not sure how else to describe it?

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    get yourself a drop away rest... easy to install and set up...hold the arrow secure
    rest.jpg

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    imo the whisker biscuit cant be beat. i do alot of stalking and still hunting and i can walk with the arrow knocked and have never had the arrow come off the rest. also im sure everyone has drawn there bow and the arrow moves off the rest and been standing there at full draw and trying to take your finger and get the arrow back on the rest. the whisker biscuit eleminates this problem aswell

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    imo the whisker biscuit cant be beat. i do alot of stalking and still hunting and i can walk with the arrow knocked and have never had the arrow come off the rest. also im sure everyone has drawn there bow and the arrow moves off the rest and been standing there at full draw and trying to take your finger and get the arrow back on the rest. the whisker biscuit eleminates this problem aswell

Drop away does the same thing. It holds your arrow in place till you release it. The act of the release is what causes the arm to drop.

Even pulling to full draw and relaxing will not cause release to drop.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Whisker Bisquit. It is the only way to go in my opinion. They are quiet and there are no moving parts. I also shoot feathers. You can't believe it I know, but how many birds have you seen fly with plastic feathers?? It makes sense doesn't it? Also, feathers will lay down through a bisquit where vanes will not. Bisquit with 3" feathers going on my 4th year and not one problem. My bow has enough moving parts to worry about. D0n't want to throw a rest in with the worries. As far as sights I would go with round and fiber pins. Those are the only two suggestions I have for the sights.

Gooch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    I vote for any kind of drop away, just don't go chceapo on it. Whisker biscuits work well too it's just that I have shot a Carolina Archery drop away for the past 2 years and seem to get a little truer flight. I swithces from a biscuit to the drop away.

Remington1100

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Franklin
    I like the drop away rests, because they are simple, you arrow has free flight, and they don't mess up your fletchings like a whisker biscuit does.

Top Bottom