• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Judamonster

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    Is it cynical or based that I shrug at the idea of this registration being a back door confiscation list?

If you bought anything firearms related over the internet or used a credit card, the NSA can parse that data. Hell, just being on a site like this probably kicks us up to the top of the list, boating accident jokes aside.
    Start buying a few dozen oil filters online, you will get a visit.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Actually it's people contacting them and asking stupid questions. They led them down this road. Can I put a grip on it? Is it ok if I shoulder it?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I thought the worksheet went away?
    By the reports I have seen, this abomination filed Friday eliminates the worksheet. They are ALL SBRs now. Full stop. File the (free) form 1 or get your door kicked in and your dog killed. (or destroy it or convert it to a rifle)

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    And could need stamped to sell on Tuesday, and moved to nfa
    4 of them in the first 2 pages, but one was just withdrawn from sale due to the new regulations.

I'd suggest everyone else with one listed should do the same
    That was my AK-v 9. Sigblitz's comment made me question whether it could be sold after publication. Maybe yes and the buyer has the onus to conform or no and it is considered NFA instantly and a sale must conform to the NFA path.

I guess we'll know if all the braced pistols are gone from PSA, Bud's, etc.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    That was my AK-v 9. Sigblitz's comment made me question whether it could be sold after publication. Maybe yes and the buyer has the onus to conform or no and it is considered NFA instantly and a sale must conform to the NFA path.

I guess we'll know if all the braced pistols are gone from PSA, Bud's, etc.
    It's not in the registry yet.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    They got rid of the worksheet that caused their announcement to be pushed back (along with some silly-assed election, where they might have lost more seats.)

Now they buried any question there might be in 200+ pages of nonsense that even the best ambulance chasers cannot figure out.

They are settling on obscurity that will likely make anything close a judgement call on their part. You cannot know, other than to err on the registration side. :n00b:

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I think I will "upgrade" my AR-15 barrel to 16 inches. Would you replace just the barrel or get a whole new upper assembly? And why?

Same question for a 9mm that uses a milspec AR-15 lower.

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    By the reports I have seen, this abomination filed Friday eliminates the worksheet. They are ALL SBRs now. Full stop. File the (free) form 1 or get your door kicked in and your dog killed. (or destroy it or convert it to a rifle)
    The worksheet did go away, but they aren't all SBRs, not explicitly anyway. The rule itself is actually relatively short, only the last ~20 pages of the almost 300-page document (the rest is them responding to the comments they got from the proposed rule to justify the final rule) and it does allow that some brace pistols may still be pistols, but determining whether you are in compliance or not is even muddier than with the worksheet because it doesn't give you any quantitative sense of how the criteria are applied.

Top Bottom