• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    New Balance's Vice President of Public Affairs voiced the company's support for Donald Trump, citing his opposition to the TPP (and the resulting lowering of tariffs on imported shoes) as the main reason.

New Balance is one of the few companies making any athletic shoes in the USA. If anyone is looking for a pair, I'd encourage you to buy one of their Made in USA line.

New Balance's Trump comment sparks fiery outrage, pledges to buy
    New Balance USA Collection | New Balance USA

I didn't know any athletic shoes were made in the United States, and that's after I checked every single brand at both Wal-Mart and Shoe Carnival. I'm certainly in the market.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I always wore Nikes until I got a pair that squeaked badly (like they were wet and walking on linoleum floors squeaky) even if I was walking on carpet. I still have them and wear them around the yard occasionally (they still squeak), but after that pair I switched to New Balance and don't plan on going back.

GunsRCool

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2016
    Hagerstown
    I like New Balance, they have a good selection of wide sizes. I had never looked to see some are made in the USA. I think a just assumed none were.

Only downside to New Balance for me is my teen girls make fun of me for wearing "old man shoes".

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I know a couple guys that swear by them and won't wear anything else. I once had a pair and thought they were great. I may have to buy a pair to help get them through the national tantrum.

Bsubtown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 19, 2013
    Dekalb county
    Timberland had, maybe has, a series of boots that were made in Maine. I bought a pair a few years back. They are fantastic. I bought them on sale which is good because they were pricy at retail.

Having lived in Maine a few years I got quite familiar with the made in America shoe market.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    New Balance are great running shoes. He can support who he wants, as long as his shoes are still high quality. Expensive, but worth it.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Wearing my 3rd pair of American made New Balance right now. They have been the only shoes I'll buy for years because they are the only ones that last. My last two pairs lasted almost 5 years each

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Good to see this! NB is made in Boston. Another cool thing is they have a program where folks with intellectual disabilities, who also have the capacity to do the job, are employed at the factory.
    I love that they have the wide option.

I'll let you guys know if the boycott is local. It will be interesting to see how that goes.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Thanks for the heads up on New Balance. Currently in the market for new shoes and will definitely support a company that still supports the USA working class.

darend505

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Have been wearing New Balance shoes since I was a teenager. I have wide feet and its nice to be able to walk to the shelf, find a pair and be done.

Terry4570

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    N.A. IN.
    Can't remember how long I have been wearing New Balance , it has been many years and they are all I wear . Just got new pair about a month ago the Walking 877 and they are great , I do change the insoles in all my shoes or boots . And could care less if somebody thinks they look funny or old man shoes if they make my feet feel good I am happy .

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Flush your New Balance shoes down the toilet!! Do it on a Sunday when I get double-time!!! - Bob the Plumber

Top Bottom